|Questions and Answers
We organize cycling and walking tours throughout Europe for Slovene clients and cycling/ walking tours around Slovenia for our foreign guests. Activity holidays are our specialty.
1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
We are operating since 2002, now entering our tenth year. It started as a joint project of a group of innovative people who were looking for something new to offer in Slovenia.
2. What is your company's mission?
Original trips to pristine places. That is our moto and we try to run our business that way – show people non tourist places in a most simple and relaxed way and make them feel they are our guests.
3. What does your company specialize in?
Walking / hiking and cycling tours.
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
Owner. Saso Skalic. Working in tourism since 1984, worked for several mayor European Tour Operators, returned to Slovenia in 2001 and started Helia as a new company from scratch.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
Walking Lakes & Valleys Tours – shows our guests the pristine beauty of Slovenia in a most indirect way.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
I wanted to contact you both to let you know how much my wife and I enjoyed our visit to Slovenia and especially our adventure with the Julian Alps Peak Walk. It was a once-in-a-lifetime trip and we really appreciate the route planning and support Helia put into this trek. We had a fantastic time and would recommend this trip to others!