|Questions and Answers
We offer a great sojourn at this beautiful mahogany lodge situated amidst a lush tropical setting.
1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
Our lodge opened in 1960 as M11824 catering to saltwater anglers and sportspeople. In the late 60’s it was renamed Keller’s Caribbean Sports still offering excellent fishing opportunities and in 1986 Mike and Marguerite bought the Lodge, renaming it M11824.
2. What is your company's mission?
The focus of our lodge has been to offer sports fishing whether fly or spin fishing with excellent guides and in a variety of locations. The lodge now offers eco-adventure tours to the Maya temples and other locations and excellent birding tours.
3. What does your company specialize in?
Fly fishing and conventional tackle fishing for Tarpon, Snook, Permit & Bonefish.
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
The founder of the Lodge is Victor Barothy Sr in 1960 with Barothy’s Caribbean Lodge Ltd. For the history of the lodge. The owners of the Lodge presently are Mike Heusner and Marguerite Miles.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
- 7 nights/6 days Lodge Fishing Package - A week’s fishing gives good opportunity for a well rounded week with enough time for all 4 species.
- or 7 nights/6 days (5 days of fishing 1 days eco-tour) Lodge Fishing Package, which gives time for fishing but also gives you a day to see a little more of Belize.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
Returning to the Lodge. We have one guest that has been to the Lodge over 30 times in the 50 year history. Another guest and his son have been there about 20 times in Mike & Marguerite’s 25 years of owning the Lodge. A repeat guest is the best compliment that we can receive.