|Questions and Answers
M12513 is a traditional sporting lodge in remote northern Maine catering to fisherman, hunters and those who just want to get away from it all to relax.
1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
M12513 was started on the shores of Munsungan Lake in 1890. Karen and Igor Sikorsky are now the fifth owners; they purchased the camps in 1996.
2. What is your company's mission?
To provide a wilderness experience, great fishing and hunting opportunities, comfortable cabins and wholesome meals, and warm hospitality to our guests. We also have a mission to protect the North Maine Woods so that M12513 will be able to continue this tradition.
3. What does your company specialize in?
Our three specialties are fishing, hunting, and family vacations. The time of year dictates which is most important; ie: spring = fishing, summer = vacations, and fall = fishing and hunting.
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
Owned by Karen and Igor Sikorsky. Karen grew up in Ohio, and Igor in Connecticut. Both moved to Maine in the mid 80s to begin a life together. After 'regular' jobs lasting about 10 years, they found the M12513.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
Fishermen enjoy a four day package with guide and flyout. Vacationers enjoy a weeklong stay, and hunters usually plan on staying a week also. These are all good values and give enough time to really enjoy Bradford and its area.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
"You and Karen look very happy together doing this."