|Questions and Answers
We provide comfortable trappers tents and secluded campsites right in the heart of Kananaskis Country, an Alberta protected recreation area.
1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
2012 will be our 21st season.
2. What is your company's mission?
We want our guests to enjoy:
- the comfort & uniqueness of the tipis & trapper's tents,
- the beauty of the spectacular mountain setting,
- and the opportunity to nourish their souls with the peace that nature provides.
3. What does your company specialize in?
We specialize in adventure accommodation - the tipis& trapper's tents - "glamping" on a budget.
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
Creators, builders and owners: Brian & Sheryl Green. Both have university education, Brian in marketing and Sheryl in education. Brian owned & operated a large farm machinery dealership and Sheryl taught at the local High School before they embarked on this adventure.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
We have a midweek package with Boundary Ranch just 4 km down the road: stay a night with us in a small tipi and go for a horseback ride at Boundary. I think it's popular because people associate riding and tipis with the Old West.
Other companies in the local area provide exciting activities for the visitor as well - whitewater rafting, golfing, rock climbing, interpretive hikes, etc. The area is renowned for its great variety of hiking, from easy walks to strenuous hikes to the tops of mountains.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
A lady met me coming out of the store & she asked if this was my campground. When I confirmed this, she said that she & her husband had camped in both provincial (public) and private campgrounds between Vancouver and Kananaskis and ours was by far the best: the cleanest washrooms and campsite, friendly & helpful staff, very private forested sites and peaceful (we're a family campground).
She loved the tipis and trapper's tents because you could just bring your bedding and cooking equipment (we also rent these) and set up your camp, no struggling to set up your own tent. I was happy because she had recognized most of the elements we feel are important to our success and for which we work very hard.