|Questions and Answers
Fly-in canoe trips on the mainland tundra (or Barren Lands) of the Northwest Territories and Nunavut in Canada's Arctic.
1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
Have been in this business since 1974.
2. What is your company's mission?
Explore the Thelon River and other pristine, wild, tundra rivers hundreds of miles from the nearest road or community.
3. What does your company specialize in?
Guided canoe trips in Canada's Arctic with an emphasis on remoteness and wildlife, especially, muskoxen, caribou, wolves and grizzlies.
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
Alex Hall, MSc in wildlife biology (1971) and 40 years experience in canoeing the Canadian Arctic.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
Most popular travel package is late June-early July canoe trip in the Thelon Wildlife Sanctuary. Reason is probably great wildlife, easy rapids, no portages, and the most remote location on the North American continent.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
"...the highlight of my outdoor experiences of 65 years "
John Kotchian, North Haven, CT