|Questions and Answers
We provide kayaking freedom hire and guided tours available on the New Zealand lakes.
1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
We have been operating for 29 years.
2. What is your company's mission?
Our mission is to provide our clients with a thoroughly professional and friendly service while enhancing the wealth of experience of clients and staff alike. By taking the utmost pride in everything we do we will ensure that River Rats becomes acknowledged as the premier provider of quality recreational and tourism products which are in keeping with the continued well being of our natural environment.
3. What does your company specialize in?
White Water Rafting and lake kayaking in the Rotorua and Bay of Plenty region.
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
We, Justin and Joann Hutton, owners and operators of M14483 are committed to providing a safe and happy environment for both our staff and customers.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
Our most popular trip is White Water Rafting on the Kaituna River. This trip is Grade 5 and features the worlds highest commercially rafted waterfall, a 21ft drop. Because all of the major rapids on this trip are followed by calm water it is very forgiving for a grade 5 trip and around 70% of the customers we take have never rafted before. The trip runs through a stunning tree lined gorge.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
That I fulfilled a customers life long dream. Its not every job where a guy gets to fulfil a girls dreams, that’s what I call job satisfaction