|Questions and Answers
M15469 provides low-impact scuba diving and dive safaris in Mikindani Bay and nearby Mnazi Bay Ruvuma Estuary Marine Park.
1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
M15469 has been operating for eight years and is the only dive centre in southern Tanzania. The dive centre grew out of the owners' desire to support local marine conservation efforts while also providing job opportunities to the local community.
2. What is your company's mission?
To provide eco-aware diving that introduces divers to the diversity of the region's seas and develops awareness of conservation needs and concerns.
3. What does your company specialize in?
Diving and dive training, including courses in marine life identification and awareness.
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
M15469 is directed by marine biologist Dr Martin Guard who has carried out research in the region since 1995. Martin conducted PhD research on the artisanal octopus fisheries of Tanzania.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
A range of diving packages known as M15469 breaks that combine the region's diving with Mikindani's best hotels.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
M15469 gave us a truly personal service taking us to stunning unspoilt dive sites and introducing us to the amazing underwater wildlife of the region.