|Questions and Answers
Our yoga retreat provides a variety of spiritual programs as well as a beautiful relaxing setting for personal retreats.
1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
In 1970, J. Oliver Black
2. What is your company's mission?
The goals are to promote the understanding of yoga, this most ancient of sciences, helping modern men and women develop new depths of inner awareness and self-realization;
- to further the teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda and the teaching of yoga;
- to operate a yoga retreat of excellence and a World Brotherhood Colony;
- to exemplify a higher culture where householder yogis live balanced, productive lives; and
- to provide a place of relaxation and spiritual refreshment for truth-thirsty souls.
3. What does your company specialize in?
Providing lodging, gourmet vegetarian meals, yoga and spiritual programs in a beautiful forested setting in Northern Michigan.
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
The founder, Oliver Black was a highly advanced disciple of the yoga master Paramhansa Yogananda. Mr. Black, a man of joy and vitality, was a very successful businessman and was also ordained by Yogananda as a Self-Realization Fellowship Minister, serving more than 40 years. The title of “Yogacharya,” bestowed on him by Yogananda, means “Yoga Teacher.” Through his untiring efforts at his Detroit SRF meditation services he attracted thousands to the science of yoga.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
People enjoy staying in the domes because of their affordability. They are comfortable, spacious, and equipped with a communal refrigerator and microwave. Like with all lodging, fees for the domes include twice daily gourmet vegetarian meals.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
Guests particularly enjoy the vegetarian meals, and many say that certain entrees are the best they have ever eaten.