||InfoHub supplier since Mar 2007!
Base of operations: Iceland -- Number of InfoHub client requests accepted: 29
We take visitors diving and snorkeling in Iceland for more than 9 years. Tómas J. Knútsson founded the M16035 in 1997 and has set the standard for recreational diving in Iceland.
Today, Tómas focuses on a PADI Project Aware, which he also founded and manages. The Blue Army. Last summer Tobias Klose took over management of the Dive Center and he conducts most of the tours and training today.
* Tobias Klose, Manager & Instructor. Tobias is an instructor since 1998, where he did his PADI Diving Instructor on Roatan, Honduras. He is originally German but has lived in Iceland for the past 5 years. He started managing most of the operating business in the summer of 2006 and conducts most of the tours and training. Tobias studied Computer Science and works also as a webdesigner.
* Tómas J. Knútsson, Masterminder. Tómas founded the M16035 in 1997 and has owned and managed it for the last 9 years as Iceland’s only PADI dive centre, setting the standard for recreational diving in Iceland. Tómas´ passion has always been the environment and the fight for a better, cleaner future – both on land and under water. What began as a simple PADI Project Aware initiative became his main activity today. The Blue Army. The Dive Center has been his "soul" and he will accompany DIVE.IS in the future as a consultant, Instructor, Story teller.
* Davið Sigurþórsson, Chief Instructor. David became a PADI Instructor in 1996 in Phuket, Thailand and has worked as an instructor and divemaster in various parts of the world ever since.
Having certified over 300 students from over 30 countries David is one of Iceland´s most experienced diving instructors. He has been with DIVE.IS and The Blue Army since 2000 and has organized and led countless trips to the SILFRA area and elsewhere. Currently living in Sweden David spends his summers diving in Iceland as he just can’t keep away.
* Samuel Ólafsson, Divemaster. Samuel did his PADI Open Water Diver course in the beginning of 2005 at DIVE.IS. After he finished his PADI Divemaster programme in Turkey in summer 2006 he worked there as a divemaster. Samuel has more than 200 dives under his belt; he is 19 years old and finished college recently. When he doesn’t work at Hotel Keflavik he guides dive tours and assists dive courses.
* Radek Ziegert, Boat Captain. Radek did his PADI Open Water Diver course at DIVE.IS in the beginning of 2002. He is originally Polish but has lived in Iceland for 11 years. He has been with DIVE.IS and the Blue Army since 2000 and works as the dive boat captain and assists training sessions. Radek is 21 years old, studies photography at the University of New York and has dived in many places around the globe.