|Questions and Answers
Our goal is to offer visitors to the region the option of forest, wetland, dune, Fynbos, estuary, riverine, montane and coastal experiences without having to travel vast distances.
1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
M16262 started in May 2004. I had returned after touring South America and New Zealand and wanted to showcase the natural of the Garden Route to guests that wished to learn about the environment.
2. What is your company's mission?
Our mission is to provide a eco friendly educational hiking experience in the Garden Route. We strive to introduce the value of nature to guest in a manner that at least 1% will alter their lifestyles to reduce their carbon footprint.
3. What does your company specialize in?
We specialise in guided nature walks and birding in the Garden Route.
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
M16262 was founded by Mark Dixon. He has grown protea’s for export to Europe, competed at international level in FITA archery, been a scientific observer on Toothfish long lining vessels in Antarctica and is a bird monitor on prospective sites for wind farms in South Africa.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
The Garden Route Trail 5 day coastal hike is the most popular product we offer. as an all inclusive 5 day hiking tour, it exposes guests to an aspect of the Garden Route that few people have the privilege to experience.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
Our accolades are numerous, but best guide, most knowledgeable and most diverse coastal experience are often repeated in the guests book.