M17663 (See the map) started in 1998 when Ed English was taken by the notion of owning a piece of Newfoundland heritage – the lighthouse on Quirpon Island. The jewel we discovered when we made our way through waist deep spring snow enthralled us and the dream began to take shape. Cheered by the success of our first Inn, in 2004 we added Cape Anguille Lighthouse Inn and are equally delighted. Central to it all, M17663 has a wonderful team: people who plan, guide, and host holidays and generally ensure our guests’ enjoyment is complete.Our philosophy, from 1998 to today, is to help others experience our Newfoundland and Labrador: its people, places, and hidden corners.
* A group of Newfoundlander's whose pride in our province makes us want to share it with others.
* Owners of our own unique inns, designed to offer comfort at night in locations that will astound and delight by day.
* Part of the story. From our Grandfather's shipwreck to our generations of ancestors who have carved a life from this island. We are true Newfoundlanders.
* Our Guests. The friends we have discovered in our clients helped shape the experiences we offer you. We have learned more from them than we could have imagined. Their help and suggestions are incorporated into our itineraries and activities.
* An Art Gallery owner, a Biologist, Kayakers, Hikers, Storytellers, a Musician, a Photographer, a Yoga Instructor and all naturally inquisitive.
* Licensed guides who are internationally certified in Kayaking, Canoing, Climbing, Wilderness and Remote First Aid, Skiing, and Avalanche Safety.
- About Ed:
Ed is a descendant of generations of Newfoundlanders. While in Gros Morne you can visit the remains of his Grandfather's ship and if you come along to Hebron in northern Labrador be sure to get the story of his uncle's exploits living on what was then a virtually untouched landscape in what is now a Canadian National Historic Site. Ed won't let us post our stories about him but to see how he has fooled the media, read on. You'll have to ask us in person for the other stories.