|Questions and Answers
M20191 offers unique small group tours in Romania such as: sightseeing, trekking, biking, canoeing, photo hunting around Transylvania under the concept: Small Groups, Big Adventure!
1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
I started my business in august 2007. I worked for 12 years to the biggest travel agency in Brasov as a travel agent and than as a travel agency manager. I have this passions: mountains and biking. So, in autumn 2007 I began a course for Professional Mountain Guides and I graduated in 2006. After that I tried to promote, to my working place, new products such as: trekking & hiking tours, biking tours, eco-tourism, photo hunting. But, no success. My boss was not interested at all. So, the rest it is history...
2. What is your company's mission?
To promote M20191 & ecotourism in Romania and the sustainable development of communities in areas where we offer our packages. From this year my travel agency it is a member of Association of Ecotourism in Romania (AER).
3. What does your company specialize in?
City-tours Brasov & Adventure-tours Transylvania is a project powered by M20191 and offers unique small group tours and vacation travel packages from general touring to wildlife to wilderness trips around Transylvania under the concept: Small Groups, Big Adventure!
* City tours: if you are visiting this cosmopolitan city of Brasov make sure not to miss out our Brasov walking tours; Castle tours: Rasnov, Bran, Sinaia; Fortified churches, etc.
* Adventure tours: Themes include: sightseeing, natural history, hiking, biking, canoing, photo hunting with eco-tour styles from cozy, small lodges to camping.
* Biking tours: join us to one of our active mountain-bike tours around Brasov - Piatra Craiului National Park, Fagaras Mountains, Baiului Mountains
* Rent a bike: Get around Brasov with our bicycles. Forget about problems with public transport. For a great price you can enjoy our city without traffic hassles.
* Winter Sports: Ski touring/ ski instructor/ ice climbing.
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
Marian Tirla, owner & licensed mountain guide & national guide. As previously mentioned, I worked for 12 years to the biggest travel agency in Brasov as a travel agent and than as a travel agency manager. I love mountains and mountaineering, so I attended the Professional Mountain Guides and I passed the exams. I am a member of Romanian Mountain Guides Association (RMGA). I made numerous trekking and mountaineering trips in the Fagaras, Bucegi, Piatra Craiului and other mountains of Romania.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
Trekking & hiking, mountain-biking and adventure tours on Piatra Craiului mountains and countryside photo tour. Sice the trek crosses the most authentic & beautiful mountain villages from the bottom of the National Park Piatra Craiului. We combine trekking with photo tour, eco-food and traditional and creative workshops!
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
We have a few :-) but I like this: "You made my plans and my dreams come true. I came for Halloween to stay only for two days but the people from M20191 gave me the chance to rent a bike even in the weekend and someone picked it up on Sunday even though the agency was not officially open. I was treated with lots of smiles and kindness and an appetite for assistance. I will never forget their kindness because it made my stay even more magical. Thank you M20191!"