|Questions and Answers
We are agents for private accommodations to support Eco tourism in Tobago for individual travelers who prefer to get acquainted with local people and culture. We also offer customized island tours.
1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
Our business M20487 started in 1996 in Tobago with bilingual individual island tours which were non- existent at the time. Nobody could tell you about private accommodations for individual travelers. Only 2 -3 small car rentals catered for local needs and Tobago was a quite unknown destination. After some advertising and the exposure in a popular magazine many individual travelers got interested in Tobago and M20487. Local house owners approached Sunbird to promote nice private apartments. From there it developed quite rapidly into an agency for individual private holiday accommodations. Due to lack of public transport and the instant demand for reliable cars to get around we added a car rental, starting with one car and growing over the years.
2. What is your company's mission?
We promote and support customized eco tourism on this island. Tobago is too small for all inclusive hotels only, as the 'normal' residents and small local businesses hardly profit from it. We always aim to provide outstanding service to all our customers and to cater for their specific needs and interests. Our motto is: "Your personal assistance in Tobago".
3. What does your company specialize in?
A selection of individual privately owned holiday accommodations, customer-friendly car rental, customized island tours for small groups, singles, couples and families.
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
The business was founded by Ulli Jenisch and David Pantin. Ulli is German, language teacher, psychologist and author of several alternative travel guides and mystery novels. David is Tobagonian, carpenter as well as individual tour guide and also worked in the local transport sector. Ulli met David when she needed taxi and later on an island tour. She started to translate David’s stories for the rest of the group. An idea was born. Both wanted to try something innovative on this beautiful island and agreed on a different approach to tourism then the usual "all inclusive" offers.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
Favorite travel packages are:
- nice individual accommodation(s) together with a reliable rental car
- nice individual accommodation(s) together with several customized island tours. In that way the guest makes instant contact with locals and learns about Tobago culture, mentality and customs. The guest can move around independently but has always somebody ready to advice and assist if needed.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
Our guests compliment us mainly for our smooth and efficient organization, friendly prompt and customized service and the abundant amount of specific often humorous 'insider information' we provide. They leave utterly relaxed with a big happy smile. Many think of coming back.