||InfoHub supplier since Sep 2005!
Base of operations: England -- Number of InfoHub client requests accepted: 4
We are a small, fully accredited and friendly college (80 students) in the North of England, founded in 1981, near the center of this safe and elegant spa town. Harrogate is 30 km from York and Leeds and less than 3 hours by train from London. We specialize in high quality English and Academic tuition to small groups (average 4-5 students). From September to June most of our students are British, creating an English-speaking atmosphere.
We accept individual and group bookings and offer:
- All Year General and Examination English courses. Age 15+ years
- Junior (12+) and Adult (17+) Summer/Vacation courses with specialist tennis and horse riding instruction
- Full social, sport, activity and excursion program
- Excellent family (homestay), residential, guest house or hotel accommodation close to the college
- Academic English, Study Skills and IELTS/TOEFL preparation. Pre MBA/Higher Degree courses
- Pre-sessional courses for school, college, university
- Business, Executive and Vocational English Courses. Teacher Refresher Courses
- Tailor-made specialist, Budget and Mini stay courses.
- One-to-one tuition
- Discounts for long term students
- One/Two Year GCSE & A level courses for University entrance. Academic Term/Year. Age 15+
- Business and Management Foundation courses. 10 month - September, 6 month – January, start
- Easter and Summer Revision and Half Term English/GCSE/A level courses
- Good balance of nationalities
- School advisory and placement service, help with applications
- Airport Transfers: Leeds - Bradford – LBA (via London, Amsterdam, Brussels, Dublin, Paris, Manchester)
- Low cost flights to European and UK destinations from LBA
- Laboratories, library, computer suite + free broadband Internet access and common room with snack facilities.
Please note that Summer students have packed lunches weekdays and full board at weekends. All Year students have half board weekdays and full board weekends. Families are normally within 15 minutes walk of the College but early booking is advised. Escorts accompany all groups. Juniors (aged 12 to 16 years) have 1 escort per 10 students.
- LINK COURSES combine English with academic subjects at GCSE or A Level for university entrance
- FOUNDATION COURSES combine academic subjects with English, for the IELTS examination, and Study Skills for direct entry to our partner universities.
- Pre-MBA/Higher Degree COURSE combines English, as students need to reach an IELTS score of 6.0+, with subject vocabulary, study, communication and presentation skills, and interview techniques. Students are advised about the different MBA/Higher Degree courses and guided through the application procedure.
- Full-time students with a Student Visa are allowed to work part-time for a maximum 24 hours per week if their class attendance is a minimum 15 hours per week.
- Accreditations: British Council and British Accreditation Council
Associations: EnglishUK, EducationUK, CIFE, QISAN.