|Questions and Answers
Since the 2000, M09623 has offered the best value in full service cycling vacations.
1. How long has the business been operating and how did it start?
We have been in business for 12 years. It was started by my desire to share the beauty of Maine with people in an active way.
2. What is your company's mission?
- To create and to execute the best cycling vacations in the world
- To build strong relationships with our, guests, suppliers, and within the communities we visit
- To run our business in way that values and helps sustain our natural environment, and values the natural beauty and culture of the places we visit
- To make a buck doing things we love.
3. What does your company specialize in?
Cycling vacations in Maine, Quebec and Nova Scotia
4. Who is the founder or owner of the company and briefly describe his/her past activities?
I was born and raised in Maine, the 6th of 6 children. Although no one in my family cycled my father was a great outdoorsman who loved fishing and skiing and taught his children a love of the outdoors. My childhood memories of cycling involve my brother Marc teaching me to ride a two wheeler and countless days riding bikes with my friends.
Sitting on my front porch, drinking a beer with my buddy Peter he suggested I ride a bicycle across America. At the time I did not own a bicycle and knew nothing about cycling. The idea stuck in my head and within a week I had quit my job, bought a bike, and embarked on a solo cross-country bike ride. I spent the 1st week pushing my bike up hills and cursing. Along the way I had every possible conversation with myself and fell in love with cycling.
5. What is your most popular travel package and why?
Maine's Gold Coast. It is my idea of the perfect week in Maine. Guest get to enjoy cycling in Acadia National Park, around pristine Islands, sea kayak, and sail on an antique wooden sailboat.
6. What is the best compliment you received from a client?
This trip truely transformed my life and I loved every minute of it!