|Egypt travel tips on money saving, personal safety, sightseeing, and enjoying your trip to the fullest from InfoHub suppliers and community members.
Egyptian Cuisine ;
When it comes to food, Egyptians know their way around. It is all about generosity, never expect to be fed small portions, and always be prepared for unexpected extras on the house, such as freshly
... view more baked bread and dips, or a refreshing after-meal cup of “karkadeh” (hibiscus tea).
Egyptian cuisine caters to all types of palates, including hard-core carnivores, vegetarians, and vegans. It might not be as diversified as other Middle-Eastern cuisines, but it is simple and tasty, mostly relying on vegetables, herbs, lamb and chicken.
Get to know some of the must-eat Egyptian staples
some of the main Egyptian Dishes are :
Hamam mahshi (Stuffed Pigeon)
Dawood Basha made with small balls of kofta (ground meat with parsley and onions)
Mouloukhiya made from the leafy green vegetable called mallow in the West and eaten throughout the Middle East, it is a stew with a soup like texture,
Tourist Police 126
Fire Service 180
Telephone Guide 140
Cairo Airport Shuttle Bus 19970
Flying Hospital Service 37766393/2
Keep in mind
During Your Trip keep in Mind to do ;
* Drink a lot of water, Egypt’s weather is very dry and it’s very easy to get dehydrated
* Carry some cash when heading to remote
... view more locations
* For sightseeing, make sure you have a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, light cotton or linen clothes, and don’t forget comfortable shoes
* While visiting religious locations dress modestly and take off your shoes before entering a mosque
* Respect the local customs : these include dress codes
* Visit the local tourist office if you have any requirements or questions
* Seek the help of the touristic police if you find yourself in any troublesome situation
* Always carry some kind of identification document
* Make sure your routine vaccination cover is complete
Do not :
* Don’t drink and dive! Alcohol might increase the decompression sickness risk
* Don’t assume you can pay with your credit card, always ask first
* Don’t take pictures where you’re not allowed to
* Don’t feel obliged to tip anyone for anything
* Don’t take anything from the natural parks and reserves and keep them as clean as you can
* Avoid leaving your hotel or apartment without telling anyone where you’re heading
* Don’t leave your hotel or accommodation without a guide or a map close at hand, unless you know where you’re heading
* Don’t come to Egypt without insurance. Medical treatments can cost thousands if you’re not insured.
* Don’t expect Egyptians to understand your language. Instead, learn some useful phrases. Locals will appreciate it.
previous 25 tips
[ 3 ]