Our seven day package includes guaranteed skiing averaging 20,000 vertical feet a day, seven nights deluxe lodging and all transportation once in Valdez. Let us guide you down powder bowls, incredible couloirs, big mountain faces and some of the most spectacular glaciated terrain on earth. Typically our snow is soft and deep.
These conditions are created by storms that roll across the Pacific Ocean bringing moisture that mixes, with the cold air of the Arctic, directly above the Chugach Mountains. This creates incredible annual snowfalls that average over 1,000" of some of the most reliable powder in North America. Our location next to the Pacific Ocean, not only provides us with large amounts of snow, it also provides us with moderate temperatures.
February and March bring us our deepest powder, but the days are shorter and generally colder, with temperatures averaging 10-20 F. Powder and corn snow are found during the long days of April and May as well as temperatures that average 15-30 F. Sometimes, our temperatures can remain below zero, especially in Feb. and March, but this is not typical.
Days 1-7: Each day, groups of four are professionally guided through a terrain progression program which allows us to personalize your experience while skiing in our challenging and exciting terrain. We cater to the advanced and expert skiier, so steep peaks and deep powder are the norm for a day of adventure in the Chugach Mountains. After an incredible day of face-shot powder, guests return to Valdez to unwind and try any number of great restaurants in the town for dinner. Includes: (B).
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Mar 04-Mar 10 Individual Package - $6,773/person
- Mar 11-Mar 17 Individual Package - $6,773/person
- Mar 18-Mar 24 Individual Package - $7,250/person
- Mar 25-Mar 31 Individual Package - $7,250/person
- Apr 01-Apr 07 Individual Package - $7,250/person
- Apr 08-Apr 14 Individual Package - $7,250/person
- Apr 15-Apr 21 Individual Package - $7,250/person
- Apr 22-Apr 28 Individual Package - $7,250/person
- Apr 29-May 05 Individual Package - $7,250/person.
- Extra Runs - $100/run
- Lodging only rate (includes all meals)- $200/night
- K2 Apache Chief Ski Rentals - $200/week
- A 50% deposit is required to secure your reservation. Full payment is required 90 days prior to start date.
- All of our Individual Ski Week Packages start with arrival and check-in on Saturday afternoon and conclude the following Saturday afternoon.
Joined InfoHub: Jan 2002
Client Request Served: 8
Our company invites you to join us for the ultimate heliski adventure. Our terrain is vast and the skiing is phenomenal. We are the oldest and largest heli ski operation in Alaska. The founder, Doug Coombs started guiding clients in 1993, and since then, VHSG has evolved from two guides and one helicopter to the...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Mountain Ranger
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: