Florence – Radda in Chianti. 9 A.M. Meet bike fitting, route brief and safety instruction at Florence By Bike, Tuscany’s premier rental center. Choose hybrid, road or mountain bike (men’s or women’s frame available). Van transfer to town of Impruneta. This is a classic route taking in the famous Strada in Chianti (Road in Chianti). While our team sets up the bikes explore the Piazza of Impruneta, (the “Citta di Cotto”) where the tiles for Florence’s Duomo were created. Leaving Impruneta on bike we access Strada in Chanti and it’s rolling hills, passing vineyards and olive groves.
Lunch stop with our good friend Tina (top local wine and cheese gourmet) at Café Le Logge. After lunch explore piazza of Greve or tackle some after lunch optional kilometers. Tour concluded 4 p.m. Return Florence no later than 5 p.m.
- Easy: Strada in Chianti to Ferrone for a descent through pine forest followed by a flat ride into town of Greve in Chainti. 25 Kilometers.
- Medium: Continue along Strada in Chianti past vineyards then on to Greve. Expect rolling terrain with a series of small short climbs. 35 Kilometers.
- Hardcore: Looking for a real challenge? Leaving Strada in Chianti, begin climbing through the beautiful towns of La Panca and Cintoia continue on through vineyards of Querceto and over Passo Sugame (550 Meters above sea level). Once you reach the summit prepare for a long thrilling descent into piazza of Greve. more than 45km. (All options include wine tasting stop at Castello Vicchiomaggio).
- Private guided or self guided cycle tour, (no pressure to keep up, you set the pace)
- Van Support with fresh fruit and drinks on board
- Professionally maintained bike rentals, road, hybrid and mountain bike available
- Professional cycle guide
- Authentic lunch stop at Café Le Logge in Greve in Chianti
- Optional after lunch kilometers.
Note: For your comfort we ask that guests participating in this tour arrive in Florence one day prior to tour start. Should you require an overnight stay in Florence just let us know, we have a wide array of top quality lodgings to choose from. As for activities, guided walking tours, cooking courses, outlet shopping trips to name a few are all available upon request.
Note: Prices vary inquire at time of booking.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Italy Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend