Napa Valley Bike Tours, in conjunction with Calistoga's unique spa facilities, creates a wonderful combo vacation. Our wine country Peddle and Pamper Vacation is all about relaxing and enjoying the food and wine that have made our valley famous - it’s all about spending quality time together with a loved one or friends enjoying cycling, mud baths, massages, and relaxing in the natural mineral pools. We don't require you to live out of a suitcase moving from hotel to hotel every day, nor do we have group dining on set schedules. It’s all about settling into one luxurious place, cycling, tasting fine wines, and spa pampering during the day, then enjoying an evening of fine dining on your schedule! Whether you stay 2 nights or 4 nights, unpack, relax, and make yourself at home. Your mornings and evenings are yours - dine when and where you want. Your only scheduled group activity is the bicycle tour starting at 10a.m. During the bicycle tour, you’ll have plenty of time to socialize and meet people from all over the country.
Day 1: Arrival Day. Welcome to Napa Valley! First, you’ll arrive at our shop to get fitted with the bike of your choice, helmet, and a logo t-shirt of the company. If you arrive between 10am and 4pm, we’ll take a short ride over to Domaine Chandon, and toast the beginning of your getaway vacation, we’ll go over your vacation itinerary and answer any questions you have so that you can relax and enjoy yourselves. Depending on when you get back, you’re welcome to take the bikes for a self-guided warm-up ride, you’ll receive routing suggestions, of course. Next, you’ll be given directions to your accommodations in Calistoga as well as the restaurant for dinner tonight. You may even have time to relax in the natural mineral water pool or hot tub before dinner.
Day 2: At 10:00am, we’ll arrive at your inn for your first, full-day, guided bicycle tour – what we call our Ride, Wine, and Dine Tour. It’s a fun-filled day visiting four wineries with lunch catered at the third winery overlooking the vineyards. This tour finishes around 3pm so you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy the mud bath treatment we’ve reserved for you.
At the spa, you will be prepped to immerse in the volcanic ash mud heated and cleansed by hot geyser mineral water for about 15 minutes, after a shower rinse, you'll be ready for a warm soak in a tranquil mineral water bath, perhaps sipping a refreshing citrus and cucumber water. Following the bath, you'll experience the eucalyptus steam room - and completely surrender any stress or care. Finish the experience with a cool down in a comfy branket wrap complete with cucumber slices to refresh the eyes - you 'll wish for another 15 minutes here. This indulgence doesn't have to end, you can opt to relax in the natural mineral pools or settle in your room with a good book before dinner. Tonight, we’ve made dinner reservations for you at another fine-dining restaurant within walking distance of your room.
Day 3: To sum it up, Day 2 was so perfect, you’ll want to do it again today! The only thing we'll change is your spa treatment and where you cycle. This afternoon, enjoy a full body massage or facial that we have reserved for you. It will be another wonderful day in the wine country setting the stage for another great evening of dining.
Day 4: Option day. If you’re ready for some variety today, we can organize several other activities for you in place of the Ride, Wine, and Dine bicycle tour. Whatever your choice today, we have dinner reservations awaiting you so you can enjoy your last evening with world-class dining. Don’t misunderstand us, we would love for you to join us on the bicycle tour today, but you can also exchange it for one of the following:
- Spa Package – exchange a day of cycling to double your credit at the spa - indulge yourself in a multi-hour spa package
- The ultimate romantic getaway addition is being chauffeured around Napa Valley. George Stone, owner of Napa Valley Chauffeurs, will make your day so special, you’ll want to come back every year! Start the day at 10:30a.m. with pickup at your hotel, in his discrete, four-door Mercedes sedan. Based on your wine preferences, he creates an itinerary with winery stops and picnic lunch. His attention to detail, right down to the music in his car, is unparalleled in his industry. This tour is popular, so let us know early if this is something you want to experience. There is an additional charge of $300 (maximum of 4 people) for this service
- Another escorting option is to be chauffeured around in a limousine. We can arrange limo services for 2 to 10 - higher numbers available (using buses or multiple limos.) Depending on the number of people booking this option, there could be an additional charge of up to $90 per person
- Cycle across the Golden Gate Bridge, have lunch, then take an easy mountain bike ride on Mt Tamalpais, where many claim that mountain biking originated. For more information, check out our Golden Gate and Mt Tam Tour. At least 6 people must book this option.
- How about a day of hiking? We’ll have your picnic basket ready for you and directions to some of the best hiking spots in Northern California. Enjoy a couple of hours or spend all day scouting around by yourselves.
- Balloon Ride – It’s just a couple of hours in the morning, but it creates memories that last a lifetime. Let us know if you would like us to book this for your vacation experience to Napa Valley. The rest of the day is yours for shopping or relaxing at the pool. This option is available at an additional charge of $90/ person.
- Horseback riding – Call Napa Valley Trail Rides, then provide us with the receipt and we'll reimburse you the cost.
Day 5: It’s back to our Ride, Wine, and Dine tour today. After breakfast, pack up, then join us in Yountville for your last bicycle tour exploring the central area of Napa Valley, its world-class wines, and lunch. During the past few days, you’ve probably purchased some prized wines…possibly more than you want to carry home. We’ll help you with your purchases by directing you to a local vendor that will ship them to your home. Tonight, dinner and accommodations are on your own, but we can make several suggestions to ensure that your experience is nothing but fabulous. If desired, you can add the cost of one more night; or, if your flight leaves early tomorrow, we can make recommendations for lodging near the airport.
- 4-nights, dinners, and tours coupled with 3 spa treatments
- We personally visit and inspect each property
- We meet the staff and owners/ managers. Thus, you can rest assured that any of the accommodations will offer you the perfect vacation in the valley
- We’ll match your budget to our partner properties
- Accommodations in the valley book fast, especially from May to October; thus, book as soon as you can to ensure that we can offer you accommodations at the level you desire
* Silver level packages offer a step above clean, casual, and comfortable accommodations; rooms typically range in the $150/ night range (more on the weekends) such as the Calistoga Spa and Hot Springs
* Gold level packages provide luxurious accommodations in the $250/ night range at premier Inns such as Silver Rose – Inn the Vineyards or Indian Springs
* Platinum level packages provide luxurious accommodations in the $300/ night range at premier Inns such as Cottage Grove Inn. Again, we’ve personally visited and inspected each property, so all properties in their respective price level are just as nice as the rest
- We select your accommodations based on availability with our partnered hotels.
- Based on Zagat ratings, responses from previous guests, and personal dining experiences, we will reserve a table for you in one of the world-class, world-famous restaurants in our valley
- Our first goal is to offer you a world-class experience, secondly, it’s our goal to keep you as close to your accommodations as possible in an effort to reduce, if not eliminate, the need for driving. However, if previously visited friends or family have recommended a restaurant, let us know and we’ll do everything we can to get you a reservation
- Typically, we make reservations for our guests at the following restaurants:
* Cindy’s Backstreet Kitchen
* La Toque
* Martini House
* Tra Vigne.
Also see tour packages in:
USA California Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring