Day 1 - Travel by vehicle to the starting point at the Lower Mohaka. Ease into the whitewater action on grade 2-4 rapids in preparation of the rapids to come. Camp overnight.
Day 2 - Tackle awesome and technical grade 4 –5 rapids for 4 hours before returning to the meeting point by vehicle. Please note with this overnight option any gear not required during the day can be transported by vehicle to the camp site.
What we provide:
- All meals from lunch on day one to lunch on the last day;
- All required eating and camping equipment;
- All cooking utensils;
- A large tent flies for shelter;
- Foam insulation pads for sleeping;
- Transport to and from our meeting point at De Bretts Holiday Park - Wetsuit, Wetsuit Booties, Lifejacket, safety helmet, Rafts and all necessary rafting and safety equipment;
- Rafting and Safety instructions;
- Experienced Guides.
What you should bring:
- Sleeping bag (or hire one of ours)
- Your own small tent if you prefer privacy (or hire from us)
- An adequate supply of your own medication (if applicable)
- Personal clothing and toiletries, warm clothes a towel
- 2 pairs warm socks, light walking shoes and a torch.
- Strap on sandals or Wetsuit booties (which we provide), swimsuit for under your wetsuit and a windbreaker if the day is cold and windy;
- Feel free to bring your own alcoholic beverages but please no glass bottles;
- Pack your gear in a small soft bag, lined with a plastic bag and keep your sleeping bag separate.
A one day trip through the grade 4-5 section is $240 per person, the full two day trip is $395 per person.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Australia and Oceania New Zealand Outdoor: Water Drifter Canoeing/Kayaking/Rafting Camping
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend