Day 1: Meet at Rotorua at 6.00am, or the Opotiki Holiday Park at 8.00am, before departing by Four Wheel Drive to the very summit of the Toatoa Valley. From here Helicopter to the Upper Reaches of the Motu to access the white water action of the Upper Gorge rapids. Camp overnight between the Upper and Lower Gorges.
Day 2: Today we tackle the Lower Gorge rapids to White Rapid where we finish with an exhilarating Jet boat journey to the coast. From here we travel back to Opotiki by vehicle.
What we provide:
- All meals from lunch on day one to lunch on the last day;
- All required eating and camping equipment;
- All cooking utensils;
- A large tent flies for shelter;
- Foam insulation pads for sleeping;
- Transport to and from our meeting point at the Opotiki Holiday Park in Opotiki;
- Department of Conservation concession fees;
- Wetsuit, wetsuit booties, lifejacket, safety helmet, rafts and all necessary rafting and safety equipment;
- Rafting and Safety instructions;
- Experienced Guides.
What you should bring:
- Sleeping bag (or hire one of ours);
- Your own small tent if you prefer privacy (or hire from us);
- An adequate supply of your own medication (if applicable);
- Personal clothing and toiletries, warm clothes a towel;
- 2 pairs warm socks, light walking shoes and a torch.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Australia and Oceania New Zealand Outdoor: Water Drifter Canoeing/Kayaking/Rafting Camping
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend