Though we often create custom itineraries, the multi sport adventure vacation in Chile with H2O Patagonia typically takes you away from home for ten days, including travel time. Whether you arrive in Patagonia via Santiago, Chile or Buenos Aires, Argentina, we make the travel as pain-free as possible. Your arrival into the heart of Patagonia on day two of your South American adventure is exquisite, and each day after that is fun-filled yet relaxing. Day nine finds you refreshed, renewed and invigorated as your bags are packed for the journey home.
Day 1 - Leave home and fly to Chile.
Day 2 - Arrive in Santiago, Chile. Transfer to Puerto Montt-a one and a half hour flight to the south. You will be met in the airport by our representative, and escorted onto a 45 minute charter flight (weather permitting) that will take you over the Andes. You'll virtually land at Antucamay, our 175-acre ranch on the mighty Futaleufu River. Once settled, you'll meet your rafting and adventure guides who will prepare you for the week's activities on and around the Futaleufu River.
Day 3 - Bridge to Bridge, Class III-IV+. These rapids are big and exciting, but consider today a warm-up for the whitewater to come. After rafting we return to base camp where the activity options abound: kayak on the lake, relax in the hot tub, trek to the top of nearby ridges, or simply enjoy appetizers and drinks at our riverside bar.
Day 4 - Hike and float upper Futaleufu. Today your morning is spent trekking through an awe-inspiring nature preserve along the Upper Futaleufu River. Later, we'll paddle inflatable kayaks back down to Antucamay. Your night is spent dining on exquisite food and relaxing in our spa.
Day 5 - Horseback ride with local "huasos" (Chilean Cowboys). Today, cool-tempered horses lead you through the breathtaking hills and valleys of Futaleufu. This ride makes you feel as if you have stepped back in time, back into the old-world charm that permeates this region. After the ride we return to Antucamay for a restful evening of pampering.
Day 6 - Rafting the Futaleufu River, Inferno Canyon. Back to Whitewater Rafting! Today we launch at the ranch and float downstream to Inferno Canyon*. This section is the perfect mix of gorgeous pools punctuated by stomping whitewater. At the confluence of the Rio Azul we'll call it a day and return to the luxury and comfort of Antucamay.
Day 7 - Canyoning and inflatable kayaking. If you've ever dreamed of being a kid again, canyoning is for you. Canyoning is the hybrid of water sports and mountain climbing. Rappel down waterfalls, leap into turquoise pools, zoom down water slides, and crawl through tiny caverns. After canyoning, you'll spend the afternoon kayaking down the Espolon, a stunning tributary of the Futaleufu.
Day 8 - Rafting the Futaleufu River, Pasarella to Casa de Empanadas, Class III-V. Your adventurous week closes with a bang! **World-class rapids are interspersed with calm pools on this final day of rafting. At night we celebrate the week's adventures with a traditional Chilean barbecue called asado.
Day 9 - Departure Day. After a hearty breakfast and a farewell to your guides the charter flight will return you to Puerto Montt. Please plan your Puerto Montt-Santiago flight for mid-afternoon in order to meet your outbound international connection that evening. Most international connections leave Santiago after 8:00 PM, arriving at US destinations early the following morning..
Day 10 - Arrive home, renewed and invigorated!
- Seven nights accommodation;
- Pick up at Puerto Montt airport in Chile or Esquel airport in Argentina and rapid transfer to H2O Patagonia's all-inclusive riverside ranch and spa;
- Charter flights from Puerto Montt to Futaleufu and back should you travel through Chile;
- All food and drink from the time we meet you in the airport until we return you there again eight days later;
- All amenities available at H2O Patagonia's riverside ranch. These include massage services (a minimum of three per week!) yoga classes, hot tub, plush robes and towels, open bar, fine wines and gourmet organic meals;
- All technical equipment for rafting and multi-sport activities, with the exception of fly fishing equipment;
- H2O Patagonia chums, hat, travel mug, Tshirt and personal dry bag for you to take home as souvenirs;
- DVD and photo CD of your week's adventures!
Price Do Not Include:
- International airfare from your home to either Puerto Montt, Chile or Esquel, Argentina;
- Meals prior to our rendezvous in the airport;
- Excess baggage charges;
- Travel insurance (although we offer this as an easy add-on to your travel package);
Also see tour packages in:
South America Chile Outdoor: Water Drifter Canoeing/Kayaking/Rafting
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend