Day 1 - Depart from De Bretts Holiday Park, Taupo, by vehicle to Helisika Base. Helicopter to the Mohaka River. Raft grade 2-3 rapids while enjoying the scenery around you. Camp overnight by natural hot springs.
Day 2 - Raft grade 2-3 rapids till the vehicle support point and travel back to the departure point.
- All meals from lunch on day one to lunch on the last day;
- All required eating and camping equipment;
- All cooking utensils;
- A large tent flies for shelter;
- Foam insulation pads for sleeping;
- Transport to and from our meeting point at the De Bretts Holiday Park in Taupo;
- Department of Conservation concession fees;
- Wetsuit, Wetsuit Booties, Lifejacket, safety helmet, Rafts and all necessary rafting and safety equipment;
- Rafting and Safety instructions;
- Experienced Guides.
What you should bring:
Off River - Sleeping bag (or hire one of ours), your own small tent if you prefer privacy (or hire from us), an adequate supply of your own medication (if applicable), personal clothing and toiletries, warm clothes a towel, 2 pairs warm socks, light walking shoes and a torch.
On River - Strap on sandals or Wetsuit booties (which we supply), swimsuit for under your wetsuit and a windbreaker if the day is cold and windy, feel free to bring your own alcoholic beverages but please no glass bottles, pack your gear in a small soft bag, lined with a plastic bag and keep your sleeping bag separate.
Children up to and including age 12 years $495.
Also see tour packages in:
Australia and Oceania New Zealand Outdoor: Water Drifter Canoeing/Kayaking/Rafting Camping
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend