Welcome to the wonderful world of Belgian waterways and its surroundings! Enjoy that special atmosphere while discovering the rivers and canals, combined with the charm of a cosy hotel with their friendly and attentive hosts. Looking for a perfect balance between activity and tranquillity? You've found it!
Groups can book this tour between May and September.
Cabin charter is possible on:
* May 16 - 25
* June 27 - July 06
* July 18 - 27
Day 1, Friday: Welcome on board in Oudenaarde, this wonderful city was a mediaeval centre of textile manufacture.
Day 2, Saturday: Downstream river Scheldt to Ghent, a combination of cultural city with the liveliness of a student city.
Day 3, Sunday: Following the canals to Bruges, named "Venice of the north" more than once.
Day 4, Monday: Visit Nieuwpoort and its North Sea beach, large yacht harbour or fish auction.
Day 5, Tuesday: Veurne, historic city in the hinterlands of Flanders coast.
Day 6, Wednesday: Diksmuide, city at the "Ijzer" river, W.W.I is commemorated here.
Day 7, Thursday: Bruges, Well worth a second day.
Day 8, Friday: Over the "Schipdonk" canal to Deinze, known for its carillon concerts, museum and zoo.
Day 9, Saturday: Via rivers Lys and Scheldt to Oudenaarde and Ename, where an archaeological site and a nice museum await you.
Day 10, Sunday: Goodbyes after a healthy breakfast around 10 am.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Group charters with 8 persons: 1130 Euro p/p
- Chartering a cabin: 1240 Euro p/p
- 1 traveller: 1510 Euro p/p.
- Meals Full board, Half board in option;
- drinks with the meals are included
- Crew: your all-round hosts/captains/cooks/guides;
- Canal- Bridge- and harbour fees for the barge;
- Bed linen, towels;
- Use of the ships Bicycles;
- Use of all tourist info, biking and walking maps
- Divers playthings for your entertainment.
Does not include:
- Your personal expenses and trips;
- Transportation to and from the starting harbour;
- Drinks from the honour bar;
- Your travel and cancellation insurance.
Joined InfoHub: Jul 2006
Client Request Served: 157
Barging through Belgium on board of the old timer (1924) "M14685", with all the modern comfort. Small groups, upto 8 passengers. The 4 cabins have private facilities. Maurits Karreman is your certified captain, even for sea going vessels! In the kitchen Olga Karreman- Van Maele will surprise you with...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: