Groups can book this tour from April to November.
Booking per cabin is possible on:
* May 02-09
* September 19-26
This tour combines the cultural cities Tournai and Oudenaarde with marvellous landscapes, the unique ship's elevators and the famous inclined plane of Ronquières.
Day 1: Welcome on board in Oudenaarde, this wonderful city was a medieval centre of textile manufacture.
Day 2: Barge the river Scheldt to Tournai, the oldest city in Belgium.
Day 3: Blaton. Visit the "stair" of locks and/or the Beloeil castle.
Day 4: Thieu famous for the old and the new boat lifts on the "canal du centre".
Day 5: Thieu, we pass the elevator, 73m up, and continue to the inclined slope of Ronquières.
Day 6: Downstream to Antoing, ancient cement production sites and a Roman Tomb.
Day 7: Continue over the Scheldt river to Oudenaarde and Ename,
where an archaeological site and a nice museum await you.
Day 8: Goodbyes after a healthy. Breakfast around 10AM.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Groups of 8 persons pay 875 Euro/pp
- Cabin charters cost 965 Euro/pp
- Single travellers pay 1175 Euro/pp.
- All meals, half board in option
- Drink with the meals are included
- Crew: your all-round hosts/captains/cooks/guides
- the use of ship's bikes
- Canal-Bridge and harbour fees for the barge
- Bed linen, towels
- Use of the ships Bicycles, all tourist info, maps for biking or walking
- Divers playthings for your entertainment.
- Your personal expenses and trips
- Transportation to and from the starting harbour
- Drinks from the honour bar
- Your travel and cancellation insurance.
Joined InfoHub: Jul 2006
Client Request Served: 157
Barging through Belgium on board of the old timer (1924) "M14685", with all the modern comfort. Small groups, upto 8 passengers. The 4 cabins have private facilities. Maurits Karreman is your certified captain, even for sea going vessels! In the kitchen Olga Karreman- Van Maele will surprise you with...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: