Belgium has a rich and impressive history due to its geographically central position in Europe. Traditionally goods from abroad were delivered oversea. To improve transportation of these goods over land, a whole network of canals, linking the Belgian rivers, has been developed over time. Some (of the older) canals were adapted to support the upcoming water tourism. Now, there is almost unlimited potential to discover Belgium through narrow and meandering routes. Most renowned example of a romantic waterway is probably the Old Lys, a meandering river with many views on beautiful state houses along its path. Groups can book this tour year round. Contact us for dates.
Day 1: Welcome on board in Oudenaarde, this wonderful city was a medieval centre of textile manufacture.
Day 2: St. Martens Latem, a fare over the highly romantic Lys river.
Day 3: Via Lys and Scheldt to Oudenaarde. Departure around 09:00 pm.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is included in the tour price.
Prices with full board:
- Groups of 8 persons can book for 670 Euro/pp
- Booking a cabin is possible for 740 Euro/pp
- A single traveller can join this tour for 895 Euro
- All meals Full board, Half board in option
- Crew: your all-round hosts/captains/cooks/guides
- Canal - Bridge - and harbour fees for the barge
- Bed linen, towels
- Use of the ships bicycles
- Use of all tourist info, biking and walking maps
- Divers playthings for your entertainment.
- Your personal expenses and tips
- Transportation to and from the starting harbour
- Your travel and cancellation insurance.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Jul 2006
Client Request Served: 157
Barging through Belgium on board of the old timer (1924) "M14685", with all the modern comfort. Small groups, upto 8 passengers. The 4 cabins have private facilities. Maurits Karreman is your certified captain, even for sea going vessels! In the kitchen Olga Karreman- Van Maele will surprise you with...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Food & Wine
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: