This tour brings you to the unknown quiet side of Belgium. No cultural highlights, busy tourist attractions or big cities. Instead you can explore the natural preserves rich with bird-life. Bring your binoculars: the region is rich in glorious scenery, filled with prolific wildlife. This tour is a paradise for nature lovers, boating enthusiasts and those who prefer the quiet life.
Combination with biking is very easy thanks to a well indicated net of excellent bicycle paths. You can choose easily the desired distance and even change your mind under-way! In every mooring place several walking circuits await you. Back on board you can enjoy the 3-course diner, inspired on the rich Belgian cuisine. Your hosts lived several years in this region. So don't hesitate to rely on their experience! Contact us for dates.
Day 1: Welcome on board in Oudenaarde,explore Donk ponds, and the bushes ’t Spei or Ename.
Day 2: Barge on the scenic river Old Leie. Overnight at Leerne, domain Castle Ooidonk and the marshland Leiemeersen of Astene and Bachte.
Day 3: Moerbrugge find the kingfisher at Valley from Zuidleie and woods Doeveren.
Day 4: Stuivekenskerke Viconia clay wells, resting place for ducks and waders.
Day 5: Oudenburg search the Little Grebe in Roksem well, or geese from The Reed nest.
Day 6: Schipdonk Merendree well and the silent Island.
Day 7: Asper Schelde Kleinmeers, Mesure well, Marsh Vindevogel, water birds in big quantities.
Day 8: Oudenaarde goodbye after breakfast ca 10.00
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Groups of 8 persons pay 960 Euro/pp for this 8 days tour/
- Individual travellers pay 1055 Euro/pp
- Single can book a cabin for 1285 Euro/pp.
- Meals Full board, Half board in option;
- Crew: your all-round hosts/captains/cooks/guides;
- Canal - Bridge - and harbour fees for the barge;
- Bed linen, towels;
- Use of the ships Bicycles;
- Use of all tourist info, biking and walking maps
- Divers playthings for your entertainment.
- Your personal expenses and trips;
- Transportation to and from the starting harbour;
- Drinks from the honour bar;
- Your travel and cancellation insurance.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Jul 2006
Barging through Belgium on board of the old timer (1924) "M14685", with all the modern comfort. Small groups, upto 8 passengers. The 4 cabins have private facilities. Maurits Karreman is your certified captain, even for sea going vessels! In the kitchen Olga Karreman- Van Maele will surprise you with...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see tour packages in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: