- The Moors and Christians Fiestas of Alcoy, one of Spain's most famous and spectacular festivals, taking place to celebrate St Georges Day in April each year
- Moors and Christians fiestas in Cocentaina and Benilloba during early August
- Quatretondeta village fiestas during the last full week of August
- The All Saints Fair of Cocentaina, Spain's oldest town fair featuring medieval and Moorish markets and a whole lot more, taking place at the end of October
- The night of the three Kings with is wonderful parade taking place in all villages but at its best in Alcoy to celebrate the 12th night.
From late July to early September sees traditional village summer fiestas taking place. Visitors are given a warm welcome, and a lot of stamina will be needed to enjoy the party atmosphere through the night. During the day you can simply relax and swim at the village swimming pool. Get "under the skin" of rural Spain Summer holidays in Spain, avoiding package tour hotels and overcrowded beaches. Want to do more than just sit by the villa pool?
Els Frares offers you the alternative Spain. A holiday with gentle activity exploring the real Spain, its people, culture and history , its cuisine , and of course its glorious wines. Small groups of up to 8 people. Full board (including gourmet cuisine at dinner + vegetarian options) + wine, airport transfers, transport and guide throughout the week.
Notes: options to Alicante exist from most UK airports, including several low cost options via Easyjet, BMI Baby, Monarch, Jet2, Thomsonfly, Globespan and many others.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Spain Outdoor: Land Rambler Hiking & Trekking Festival Tours
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend