Trek starts at Tumlingtar. The trail follows Arun-river and leaves it near Sedua. After crossing the river you climb the hill to Tashigaon. Make further steep ascend to Shipton pass (4126m). Cross the pass and enter into the other world. The pass is usually covered by snow. On the other side you descend to Barun Khola (river) through rhododendron forest, streams and grassy fields and traverse to the base camp of Makalu. Retrace the trail back to Tumlingtar. Fly to Kathmandu.
Day 1: Arrive Kathmadu, tranfer to hotel
Day 2: In Kathmandu-sort out equipment and last minute shopping
Day 3: Fly to Tumlingtar
Day 4: Khadbari
Day 5: Walk to Bhotebas (1720m)
Day 6: Num
Day 7: Sedua
Day 8: Tashigaon (2200m)
Day 9: Kauma. Below Shipton pass
Day 10: Cross Shipton Pass (4126m). Mumbuk (3500m)
Day 11: Kharka (2646m)
Day 12: Sherson (4614m)
Day 13: Makalu Base camp (4800m)
Day 14: Explore
Day 15: Extra day for weather
Day 16: Retrace the trail to lower Kharka
Day 17: Retrace the trail to high kharka
Day 18: Mumbuk
Day 19: Re Cross the pass. Descend to Tashi gaon.
Day 20: Bhotebas
Day 21: Khadbaro
Day 22: Tumlingtar
Day 23: Fly to Kathmandu, transfer to hotel
Day 24: In Kathmandu-free day
Day 25: In Kathmandu, free day
Day 26: Transfer to airport, depart Kathmandu.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All meals and accommodation in the tent during the trek
- Cooking and eating utensils
- Service of sardar (guide), cook, kitchen and sherpa assistants
- Porters to carry personal baggage (each 15 kg.), food and camping equipment
- Warm clothing, shoes, blankets and dark goggles for high altitude porters as required
- Accident insurance for staffs and porters
- Domestic Airfare according to programme
- Local/Public transport as shown in the programme
- 5 night accommodation on BB in Kathmandu (2-3 star category)
- Personal clothing, climbing equipment and sleeping bag
- International airfare
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Emergency evacuation and oxygen cost, and medical-box
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips
06. Sightseeing tours and meals in Kathmandu
- Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned in the programme.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Aug 2006
Client Request Served: 222
M14709, government registered company, is reliable trek/tour operator, offers affordable adventure holiday in Nepal, India, Sikkim-Darjeeling, Tibet and Bhutan. We outfit and design walking, trekking, climbing, rafting, Jungle Safari for individual and group the way you want and in your budget. We organize a day walk...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: