Fly to Biratnager and take bus to Dhankutta and walk to Hille, a small town north of Dhankutta. You follow the main trail to Tumlingtar and from Khare the trail gradually ascend to chainpur. Cross Milke danda and descend to Dhoban. Follow the Tamur river towards northeast to Gunsa; Near Lelep village you turn north towards the source of Tamur river and reach Walungchung–gola (or Olangchunggola). Christoph Von Furer-Haimendorf in his book Himalayan Traders noted “Walongchung bears all the outward sign of flourishing center of Buddhist. There is a large and lavishly furnished gompa (monastery) and the village is studded with chorten (stupa), mani walls and prayer wheels. He further noted that the Bhutias of Upper Tamur practice much more orthodox pattern of Buddhist culture than any of the Lhomi communities of Arun valley. The people of Olangchung have had far more impact of Tibetan culture across the border than other areas. Explore the upper reach of Tamur and cross Nangola (4802m) to reach Gunsa. Travel further on rugged trail to the glacier at Pangpema (5150m). Retrace the trail to Gunsa and travel south towards the eastern bank of Tamur River. From Chirwa ascend the steep trail to Pathivara (3700m). Make final descent to Taplejung to take bus to Ilam and to Biratnagar for flight back to Kathmandu.
Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu, tranfer to Hotel
Day 2: In Kathmandu- free day to explore Kathmandu own
Day 3: Fly to Biratnagar, Drive to Dhankuta. Trek to Hile (3hr)
Day 4: Mangmaya (1649m)
Day 5: Khare (2490m)
Day 6: Chainpur (1600m)
Day 7: Nundhaki (2340m)
Day 8: MilkeDhanda (3500m)
Day 9: Dhoban
Day 19: Thuma
Day 11: Chirwa
Day 12: Tortang
Day 13: Walungchung Gola
Day 14: Walangchung Gola
Day 15: Nango Khola
Day 16: Croos Nango La (4820m) to Gunsa
Day 17: Ghunsa-acclimatize (3340m)
Day 18: Kambachen-acclimatize (4040m)
Day 19: Lhonak (4560m)
Day 20: North Base-camp
Day 21: Spare day (4940m)
Day 22: Ghunsa (3340m)
Day 23: Amjillassa
Day 24: Chirwa
Day 25: Pathibhara
Day 26: Taplejung (1798m)
Day 27: Bus to Ilam. Overnight in Ilam
Day 28: Bus to Biratnagar. (174km). Fly to Kathmandu, transfer to Hotel
Day 29: Transfer to airport, depart Kathmandu.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All meals and accommodation in tent during the trek
- Service of trek guide), cook, kitchen and sherpa assistants
- Warm clothing, shoes, blankets and dark goggles for high altitude porters as required
- Accident insurance for staffs and porters
- Domestic Airfare according to program
- National park/conservation entry permit as per program
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Local/Public transport as shown in the program for staffs
- Hotel accommodation on BB in Kathmandu using 3 star hotels.
- Personal clothing and sleeping bag
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Emergency evacuation and medical expenses
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips
- Sightseeing tours and meals in Kathmandu
- Expenses due to flight delay, sickness other contingencies.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Aug 2006
Client Request Served: 223
M14709, government registered company, is reliable trek/tour operator, offers affordable adventure holiday in Nepal, India, Sikkim-Darjeeling, Tibet and Bhutan. We outfit and design walking, trekking, climbing, rafting, Jungle Safari for individual and group the way you want and in your budget. We organize a day walk...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: