Day 01: Delhi/Katmandu/Bangkok - PARO (L,D)
Druk Air Delhi/Katmandu/Bangkok to Paro
Please arrive at the Druk Airline check in counter, International Airport, 2 hours prior to departure time. Fly into Paro Bhutan from. On this flight, you can see breathtaking views of the Great Himalayas as you start approaching Bhutan. Arrive Paro where you will be welcomed to the Kingdom by your guide.
After a 10-15 minutes drive from the airport you’ll reach the hotel. After check in, lunch served at the hotel. After lunch, Visit Kichu Lhakhang, one of the oldest Monastery in Bhutan and have a look around Paro town. Overnight Paro at Hotel Holiday Home.
Day 02: PARO, EXCURSION TO TAKTSANG MONASTERY (B,L,D)
Day hike to Taktsang Monastery view point. Taktsang, meaning “Tiger’s nest,” is built around a cave in which Guru Rimpoche (Padmasambhawa) mediated, clings seemingly impossible to a cliff of rock at 3,000 feet above the valley floor. For the local people it is a place of pilgrimage, but for a tourist, a hike up to the view point opposite the monastery is exhausting, thrilling and mystical. The legend has it that Guru Rimpoche is said to have flown to the site of the monastery on the back of a tigress from Tibet and meditated in the cave there for three months. Afternoon, visit National Museum and drive to Thimphu, the capital city for Overnight at Hotel Pedling.
Day 03: THIMPHU (B/L/D)
Full day sightseeing in and around Thimphu Valley, The largest and Capital City of Bhutan.
Some of the attractions include;
- Purchase world’s most beautiful postage stamps, collector’s items and postcards at face value from general post office which is right next to Bhutan National Bank.
- Visit Arts and crafts school where one can see young children at work.
- Visit Traditional Medicine Institute where the ancient healing arts are still practiced.
- Visit Memorial Chorten built in 1974 to honour memory of Late King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk, popularly known as the Father of Modern Bhutan. A multi-storied stupa that will introduce you to the vitality of Tantric Buddhism.
- Observe traditional paper making from Daphnia and Edgeworthia shrub to the finished product and purchase some beau,tiful writing sets from the factory.
- Visit Botanical garden (Zoo) where one can see Yak and Takin, the National wild animal of Bhutan.
- Drive up to view point and take a hike beyond to see the clear picture of Thimphu Valley.
- Downtown Thimphu on foot visiting Handicrafts Emporium and other Arts & Crafts stores. Buy stunning kiras which can be used as bed covers or wall decoration, jewelleries and many more. Overnight Thimphu.
Day 04: THIMPHU – PARO (B/L/D)
Morning, time at leisure to explore around Thimphu town on your own. Afternoon, transfer to Paro for Overnight at Hotel Holiday Home.
Day 05: Departure (B)
After breakfast, transfer to Paro Airport for flight to Bangkok/Delhi/Katmandu/Kolkata.
01: For all travelers, entering Bhutan by Druk Air, the visa clearance number is forwarded to concerned overseas Druk Air stations and without clearance number passengers are not allowed to broad the flight.
02: Visa clearance is also required while issuing Druk Air tickets
03: For travelers, entering into the country by surface through Phuenthsholing (the boarder town in south of Bhutan) the visa is stamped on arrival and clearance number is forwarded to Foreign Ministry’s Office at Phuentsholing for reference. Three copies of original passport size photographs are required on arrival.
04: Visa fee is $20 US per person for a 14 days visa which can be further extended with additional fee of $15 US.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Bhutan Local Culture Cultural Journey Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend