Kailas peak and Mansarover Lake are situated at 4500 meter above sea level; it is at the highest elevation on the Tibetan plateau. It is the source of holy rivers of south Asia like Indus, Sutlej, Brahamaputra and Karnali. Despite it’s barren and dry features the lake and the mountain has magnetic influence to devotees and visitors alike. The journey starts from Simikot, travel to Yari, cross a high pass at Narala and descend to Humla Karnali River to reach the border village of Hilsa and Khojarnath.
Drive to the region’s trading center at Taklakot (Purang). Green and wet monsoon weather changes to dry, cold and sunshine at the plateau. The sky is deep blue with scattered cloud. From Taklakot drive to Mansarover Lake and onward to Darchen. Walk around Mt. Kailas. Drive back to Taklakot (Purang) for onward journey to Saga and Zangmu.
Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu, transfer to hotel.
Days 2 & 3: Kathmandu - free day.
Day 4: Fly to Nepalgunju, transfer to Hotel Batika. Overnight in Nepalgunj.
Day 5: Fly to Simikot (2856m) then trek to Dharapuri (2400m). Overnight in camp.
Day 6: Trek to Salli Khola (2400m). Overnight in camp.
Day 7: Trek to Muchu (2920m). Overnight in camp.
Day 8: Trek to Sipsip (4330m). Overnight in camp.
Day 9: Trek over Nara la pass (4325m). Camp at Hilsa.
Day 10: Trek to Sher, drive to Taklakot.
Day 11: Drive to Manasarovar (4558m). Overnight in camp.
Day 12: Explore Mansarover lake and Chiu Monsastery (44500m). Overnight in camp.
Day 13: Drive to Darchen (4500m).
Day 14: Trek to Dira Phuk Gompa (4900m). Overnight in camp.
Day 15: Trek to Drolma La pass (5400m) to Zuthul Phuk Gompa (4700m). Overnight in camp.
Day 16: Trek to Darchen (4500m).
Day 17: Drive to Paryang (4750m). Overnight in camp.
Day 18: Drive to Saga (4600m). Overnight in camp.
Day 19: Drive to Nyalam (4300m) and further to Zhanmu (2500m). Overnight in Guest House.
Day 20: Drive Zhangu to Kathmandu. Mini bus or coach.
Day 21: In Kathmandu - free day.
Day 22: Transfer to airport, depart Kathmandu.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All meals, camping arrangements, tents & mattress
- Land transfers as per itinerary by Land cruiser in Tibet
- Cooking and eating utensils, service of guide, cook, Kitchen and assistants
- Porters or yak to carry personal baggage (each 15 kgs), food and camping equipments
- Tibet travel permit, trek permit
- Accident insurance for staffs and porters, cost (surcharge) for sending and bringing staffs and porters
- Domestic flight as per program
- Airport transfers
- 5 night accommodation in Kathmandu with daily breakfast.
- Nepal and China/Tibet Visa fees
- Personal clothing and equipments, sleeping bags
- Single supplement, International airfare, excess baggage
- Personal accident insurance, emergency evacuation cost
- Medical box, bottled beverages, laundry, tips.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Aug 2006
M14709, government registered company, is reliable trek/tour operator, offers affordable adventure holiday in Nepal, India, Sikkim-Darjeeling, Tibet and Bhutan. We outfit and design walking, trekking, climbing, rafting, Jungle Safari for individual and group the way you want and in your budget. We organize a day walk...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: