Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu, transfer to hotel.
Day 2: In Kathmandu, Half day sightseeing tour of Pashupatinath temple.
Day 3: In Kathmandu, free day. Last minute shopping.
Day 4: Travel to Kodari, entry Zhangmu boarder and drive to Nyelam (3800m). Overnight at Nyelam Guesthouse.
Day 5: Rest day for acclimatisation at Nyelam with an excursion to
Milarepa's Cave. Overnight at Nyelam Guesthouse.
Day 6: Drive Nyelam to Saga (4580m) via Lalung La Pass, Paiku Tso and cross the Brahmaputra river (known here as the Yarlung
Tsangpo). Overnight at camp.
Day 7: Drive Saga to Paryang (4500m). Overnight at camp.
Day 8: Drive Paryang to Manasarovar (4560m). Overnight at Trugo Gompa or Chiu Gompa Guesthouse.
Day 9: Puja/holy dip at the lake followed by Manasarovar parikrama in Landcruiser. Time permitting visit Chiu gompa.
Day 10: Drive to Darchen (4560m) via Tidaburi. Overnight at Kailash Hotel.
Day 11: Start Kailash Kora/Parikarma from Darchen pass the first prostration point, Tarboch Flag Pole, the auspicious gateway and the sky burial ground, to Drira-Puk (4765m). Overnight at camp from where you have superb views of Mt. Kailash.
Day 12: Continue Parikarma over Drolma-la Pass (5610m) to Zuthul-Puk
4700m). Just below the Dolma La is the Gauri Kund. Overnight at camp.
Day 13: Crosses third and fourth prostration point, Zutul-Puk monastery & trek back to near Darchen and drive to Hore (Hor Qu) at 4560m near Lake Manasarovar. Overnight at camp.
Day 14: Drive to Paryang. Overnight at Yak camp.
Day 15: Drive to Saga. Overnight at camp.
Day 16: Drive to Nyalam. Overnight at Nyelam Guesthouse.
Day 17: Drive downhill to Friendship Bridge following the gorge of Bhote Kosi river for the final leg of the journey to Kathmandu.
Day 18: Transfer to airport, depart Kathmandu.
- Visa processing days in Kathmandu at the Chinese Embassy are on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Passport submitted on Monday is returned on Wednesday. Same day visa can be obtained by paying urgent fees. Group visa can be obtained at places where there is Chinese Embassy or consulate, prior arrangement is required for this.
- Avoid travel to Tibet (China) during first week of May.
- Best time to visit is from May to end of September. Road condition to Kodari Chinese border from Kathmandu are usually hampered by monsoon rain in July and August; the road to Kodari border can be washed away hence the travelers may have to walk several hours.
- You should be prepared for a long drive over dusty environment condition.
- Nepalese staffs (professional trekking staffs) prepare 3 hot meals and set up camps whenever required. They accompany the group. You are personally taken care by our staffs.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Tibet Outdoor: Land Rambler Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend