The Jomsom-Muktinath trail is often covered with trains of donkeys and ponies traveling to Mustang and other areas in the north of Nepal. Some major attractions include typical Mustang villages such as Tukuche, Marpha and Jharkot with its medieval King?s Palace and Bonpo Gompa. The deepest gorge, Kaligandaki is another attraction of this route. Muktinath is a popular sacred place for Hindu, Buddhist Pilgrims and ascetic Sadhus. The temple is situated with 108 water tapes emerging from sacred water springs.
Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu International Airport, meet our representative and transfer to Hotel.
Day 2: Guided sightseeing to the world heritage sites: Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swoyambhunath, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath and Patan. Stay overnight at Hotel.
Day 3: Kathmandu to Pokhara: Fly for 25 minutes, transfer to Hotel.
Day 4: Pokhara to Jomsom and trek to Kagbeni: AM: Fly and trek for 3 hours.
Day 5: Kagbeni to Muktinath: (3817 m): Trek for 5 hours.
Day 6: Muktinath to Marpha: (2709 m): Trek for 5 hours.
Day 7: Marpha to Ghasa: (1970 m): Trek for 6 hours.
Day 8: Ghasa to Tatopani: ( 1189 m): Trek for 5 hours.
Day 9: Tatopani to Sikha: Trek for 4 hours.
Day 10: Sikha to Ghorepani: Trek for 4 hours.
Day 11: Ghorepani to Tikhedhunga (1577 m) via Poonhill: Trek 5 hours.
Day 12: Tikhedhunga to Pokhara via Birethanti (1040m): Trek, drive by Jeep/car for one hour. Transfer to Hotel.
Day 13: Guided sightseeing to Devis fall, Gupteshwor Cave, Buddhist Monastery and boating on Fewa Lake for one hour. Stay overnight at Hotel.
Day 14: Pokhara to Kathmandu: AM: Fly for 25 minutes and transfer to Hotel. PM: Shopping in the local market.
Day 15: Departure to International Airport for onward flight to home.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Trek pre-departure information
- Hotel accommodation
- All internal transport by private bus, jeep, car or scheduled air services
- All group airport transfers
- Gear package including sleeping bag, down jacket and rain poncho
- All meals while trekking, tea or coffee
- Meals during the course of rafting
- Professional safety kayak
- Tented camps
- Rafting crew and equipment
- Safe drinking water in a refilling bottle
- Accommodation on a share basis in tents/tea house on trek
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment
- Group leader, cook and kitchen staff for a camping trek
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Emergency medical kit box
- Welcome drinks in Kathmandu.
- Bar and beverages
- Nature of personal expenses
- Personal cloths
- Insurance for accidental, medical and evacuation
- Tips to the staff
- Airport tax
- Meals during journey and in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Aug 2006
Encounters Nepal comprises a team of experienced professionals who have in the past 8 years worked for a range of trekking agencies. We have launched an agency so that we can deliver our own exceptional standard of service; something we believe has become diluted in the explosion of trekking agencies available in...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: