This is probably your best chance to experience a truly mobile horseback safari. Riders can now experience the ultimate African adventure, exploring the wilderness of the West-Kilimanjaro-Area from horseback. You can ride with a herd of zebra or wildebeest across the plains, track elephant and buffalo in the bush or simply watch the setting sun whilst listening to the calls of the wild.
Qualified guides will lead you on this journey, sharing with you their intimate knowledge of the wilderness.
Horses and tack :
- The horses are much loved, well mannered and in excellent condition. A variety of reliable, for safari-purpose trained horses like Partbred- and Anglo-Arab, Thoroughbred, Trakehner, Bavarian Warmblood, Australian Brumby etc.;
- Ranging from 14 – 16.2 hands (140 – 165 cm) high, there is a horse to suit everyone;
- Tack is usually bitless (Hackamore and Sidepull). There are good quality English, Australian Stock, Endurance and Western Trail Saddles.
Please note :
- The safaris are for experienced riders. We spend 4 to 6 hours in the saddle. You need to feel competent about keeping up with the group, capable of riding at all paces for at least 10 minutes, rising to the trot and controlling your horse at the canter;
-Important for game areas: you may also be required to gallop out of trouble so we cannot take beginners. It will be at the discretion of the company whether you will be permitted to ride, taking into consideration the safety and enjoyment of the group as a whole.
- Riders weight limit: strictly 95 kgs (210 lbs or 15 stone);
- The itineraries only serve as a guide, all scenarios are dependent on the season and the migration of game. We reserve the right to alter the itineraries in any way. Local weather conditions may also affect game movements;
- Non-riding family members or friends can accompany all riding tours by 4x-car.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Tanzania Outdoor: Land Rambler Horse Riding
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend