Day 2: Can shop for local crafts and handmade handicrafts and sweaters in Latin America’s second largest indigenous market. Later we will pay a visit to several nearby craft villages where weavers, hatters, and musical instrument-makers ply their crafts. We return to Quito for dinner. Includes: Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 3: Quito/Galapagos. After breakfast we will be transferred to the airport to take our Galapagos flight. Disembark on the island of San Cristobal, visiting the Interpretation center and boarding your Galapagos Cruise. This afternoon, visit Ochoa Beach. Includes: (B,D).
Days 4-6: Galapagos Cruise. Cruise Spend the next three days cruising through the incredible Galapagos Islands. Wind your way past tide pools where swallow-tailed and lava gulls gather. Catch a glimpse of marine iguanas as they feed on exposed green algae. Watch for great blue herons, lava herons, oyster-catchers and yellow-crowned night herons. Enter a forest of mangroves where colonies of great frigate birds nest.
Find storm petrels and the elusive short-eared owl, and watch the famous red footed boobies nesting in palo santo trees. Observe sea lion harems with resident bulls carefully guarding their territory. Experience the seven vegetation zones found in Galapagos. Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station, where scientists from all over the globe conduct biological research. Afterwards, catch your return flight to Quito. In Quito transfer to our hotel. Tonight, reminisce about your trip over a Farewell dinner. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 7: Homeward journey. After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your homeward flight. Includes: (B).
Islands you may visit:
- Espanola: the southernmost and oldest island is a breeding site for 12,000 pairs of waved albatross.
- Santa Cruz: home to Charles Darwin Station, a center for tortoise research and breeding.
- Genovesa: home to Darwin’s Bay red-footed boobies, great frigate birds.
- San Cristobal: the site of the Galapagos National Park Interpretation Center.
Unique and Must-see:
- Visit Quito, a Cultural Heritage Sites
- Straddle both sides of the equator
- Travel in a pangas to examine seals and turtles
- Make dry and wet landings on the islands
- Enjoy the comforts of M/V Galapagos Legend or the Galapagos Explorer II.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
South America Ecuador Nature & Wildlife Wildlife Viewing Boating and Sailing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend