We drop onto a big field of bright white sand at 40 feet, home to southern stingrays and garden eels. While descending you can spot garden eels slowly dropping into their holes. As you approach the wall running the length of the sandy area it looks like the coral is growing out of the sand bottom in big chunks. Just as you crest the wall the sand appears to be running like small rivers down through the coral into mini canyons. With the usual 100+ feet visibility, the view down the wall gives the impression of limitless space. In reality, the wall is a 2000+ foot drop-off into the deep blue. We follow the top of the wall and explore the sand channels exploding with fish and marine life.
- Departure time: 7:00 AM
- Approx. return time: 4:30 PM
- Number of dives: 3
- Snorkelers: No.
- All divers are required to complete a Scuba Diving Liability Release Waiver and sign off on PADI’s Safe Diving Standards.
- All divers must have certification cards and all major certifications are accepted. No one is permitted to dive without a valid certification card, unless he participates in a Discover Scuba Diving or Open Water Course.
- Certified divers who have not had the pleasure of diving for over a year are strongly encouraged to complete a short Rusty Diver Course.
- Trip minimums apply! If we do not have enough divers for our trips, especially atoll trips, we will stick to the Barrier Reef. In that unlikely event you will still be able to enjoy excellent diving on a great number of different sites. We try to dive all 3 atolls every week but are not always successful. We dive the Southern Barrier Reef almost every day.
- Gear storage is free of charge and available in our center. Hamanasi staff carries all gear to and from the boats, assists with preparation and washes all equipment in fresh water every day. Our company is not liable for missing or damaged equipment.
- The nearest recompression chamber is on Ambergris Caye. Our company is a paid member of the group managing the chamber. A portion of our dive fees is paid over to the Recompression Chamber. This contribution supports the chamber and reduces your fees in the unlikely event that you would need to use the chamber.
- Water temperature is 78-85 F degrees all year. A 3-mm short or full wetsuit is recommended.
- Prices include tax and service charge of 17%, are in US Dollars and are subject to change without notice
Also see tour packages in:
Central America and Caribbean Belize Outdoor: Water Drifter Scuba Diving
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend