What to expect:
The area south of Inhambane town is recognized as one of the top Spearfishing areas in Mozambique and East Africa. There are extensive coral reef systems and numerous accessible pinnacles and drop offs throughout the area.
A few of the good spots:
* Manta Reef: Situated about 3-4 kms offshore, excellent pinnacles with shoals of kingfish (trevally) averaging 10 kgs but up to 40 kg. Cuda (Spanish mackerel), also common here and on the drop off which is from 8m to 20m.
* Pandane Point: Pinnacles and 2 drop-offs from 5-10 metres and 10 to 25 metres. All the major gamefish species are found here but area most famous for large sailfish in the 30 – 55kg range and ‘bus’ giant kingfish.
* Guinjata Point: very good spearfishing, often under-rated spot. Large schools of cuda, kingfish and sailfish are often shot here.
* Island Rock: similar to Pandane. Exotic kingfish species such as the goldbar and greenspot kingfish often shot here. Also large giant kingfish and queenies. The odd Zambezi and black-tip reef shark spices up the experience.
* There are 8-12 other dives in the area and some are rarely fished or dived, making for an exciting ‘expedition’.
Conditions: Water visibility varies from 10 to 30 metres. Sediment can occur resulting in slightly greener water but this is often referred to as ‘cuda water’ and is better for good catches of king mackerel.
Accommodation: Is in a beach house with panoramic 180% views of the coast. Really great patio to rest between dives. Meals are prepared for you and will consist of a range of meals (not just seafood) and barbecues, please specify any preferences.
R9750.00 per person based on minimum 6 divers.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Mozambique Outdoor: Water Drifter Fishing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend