The program gives one a complete overview of a really cosmopolitan capital city. Traditions, even in a nearly 2.5 million people city, are still in place. Not forgetting the Opera and the some more extravagant, some may say, New Year's Eve, all contribute to the picture of present-time Romania.
Day 1, 29th of December: Arrival. Individual arrival on the Bucharest Otopeni International Airport. Guided transfer to Hotel Opera or Central. We are taking our rooms and free time until dinner.
Day 2, 30th of December: A tour of the city with one of our top guides shall give you an overview on the city with several faces. Although at the beginning one gets the impression of a new city, we shall show you its other face, which is hidden in many parts from the view of people. Visit to the House of the People. On our return, dinner in a nice restaurant in town.
Day 3, 31st of December: The Monastery of Cernica. A short drive takes us to the Monastery of Cernica, one of the two closest to Bucharest. We find out, it was one of the many endangered churches during the communist time in Romania. Afternoon free at leisure until the evening,when we shall have dinner.
Day 4, 1st January: Free at leisure: Free day at leisure. Today we shall have free time at leisure. Dinner in town.
Day 5, 2nd January: A castle near Bucharest and transfer to the Airport. We will have the chance to see a castle near Bucharest - Mogosoaia, in the typically Romanian style of the 18th century. We soon draw close to the end of our tour - time to say good-bye. Transfer to the Airport.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- All transfers from/to Bucharest
- Accommodation with HB in the chosen hotel
- New Year's Eve's Gala Dinner
- Guide for the whole period
- All entrance fees.
- Personal expenditure and tips
- International flight to/from Bucharest
- Costs of visas, if required
- Medical insurance, insurance of the luggage
- Costs of filming and taking pictures (in museums, where it is allowed).
- In the best 2-star Hotel: 630 EUR per person sharing in double/twin room, single room supplement: 184 EUR
- A 4-star hotel: 752 EUR per person sharing in double or twin room, 301 EUR single room supplement
- A 5-star hotel: 758 EUR per person sharing in double/twin room, 244 EUR single room supplement. Special rate for students at the hotel, upon proof of being students: 553 Euro per person sharing in double/twin room, single rooms supplement: 109 EUR.
Note: 5% discount for early birds (early booking: 1 year or more in advance).
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2006
Client Request Served: 46
A family-owned company, we specialize in incoming tours to Romania, we do organize cultural tours for the English-, German- or French-speaking markets to Romania and the neighbouring countries. We do offer a high atention to every detail in planning every tour - customiyed or standard - and offer a highly personaliyed...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Christmas/New Year Tours
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: