We are passionate about all that Burgundy has to offer, we have created our Burgundy tours to share our experiences of this wonderful region with you. There will be visits to such celebrated wine villages as Aloxe Corton, Vosne Romanée, Gevrey Chambertin, Chambolles Musigny, Pommard and Puligny Montrachet, to name but a few, You will taste wines in family owned vineyards with the growers, sample delicious regional specialties and meet their producers. We take care to select great locations for dining, including a renowned Michelin starred restaurant and a unique Ferme Auberge. On our tours you will travel deep into the Burgundy hills discovering picturesque medieval villages, stunning landscapes and seas of vines and travel to parts of this beautiful region not often seen on the usual tourist path.
Day 1: We will visit the famous Hospices de Beaune (Hotel Dieu). Also we will have an introduction to wine tasting in 18th C. wine house in Beaune. We will have a candlelit welcome in gastronomic dinner.
Day 2: We will visit one of the prettiest medieval villages in France, Flavigny sur Ozeraine, where the film ‘Chocolate’ was made. We will have a fun and informative wine tasting in the Flavigny vineyards. We will lunch at a Ferme Auberge using local farm produce. After we will have a walking tour of Flavigny (optional). We will visit the stunning medieval village of Châteauneuf en Auxois. Also we will pay a visit to cheese farm.
Day 3: We will have a wine tasting in the Hautes Cotes de Nuits. We will have an introduction to ‘Crème de Cassis’, it’s uses and tastings. We will lunch in Hautes Cotes de Nuits and a drive through the vineyards to Beaune. We will have a cooking class in a Beaune restaurant (optional).
Day 4: We will have a wine tasting in Cote de Beaune. We will visit wine cave and vineyards in Puligny Montrachet. We will lunch in Puligny Montrachet. We will have an afternoon drive though Hautes Côtes de Beaune and stroll through the vineyards. We will have a guided tour of Clos de Vougeot.
Day 5: We will visit the mustard museum. After that we will visit Beaune’s colorful open market. We will have a tasting walk through Beaune. In the evening we will have a farewell gastronomic dinner in a Michelin starred restaurant.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- A full time English/French speaking guide, that will accompany the tour. As many of our visits are private, we will benefit from wine experts, owners and family members to add color, history and anecdotes on our visits
- Wine & food tastings, chateau visits, entrance fees
- 5 nights accommodation in a 4* hotel in the beautiful town of Beaune
- All breakfasts, two delicious lunches, three exceptional dinners (one in a Michelin starred restaurant.) Pre-dinner aperitif
- All transfers from pick up at Dijon Station to set down at the end of the tour. Small group air conditioned bus transportation for visits. Welcome Pack.
- Wine at dinner
- Cost of drinks outside of that provided on tour; meals & personal expenses in free time
- Air/rail travel and airport transfers.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2006
Sue Boxell is tour director and founder of her wine and gastronomy tour company. Having worked for some years on floating hotels in Burgundy she developed a passion for the region, its wine, food and culture. She had always wanted to return to run her own business in the area and her company is the...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see tour packages in:
Food & Wine
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: