Gay friendly Guatemala has a history of re-discovery and re-invention and as a result, modern-day Guatemala is a fascinating collage of cultures: full-blooded Maya people; the descendants of mixed unions between the Maya and the Spanish colonizers; the Afro-Antillean ancestry of the Garifuna people who settled in the Caribbean coast of Central America from the Caribbean islands about three centuries ago, all the way down to the European immigrants from Germany, England, Italy and beyond. Sociologically, it’s a unique blend that gives the country a special imprint, a mix of urban sophistication, fine gastronomy, outstanding arts and crafts and textiles, and exotic indigenous customs. These and other cultural traits transcend the early Maya, the days of the conquistadors, the colonial era and the pre- and post-war immigration patterns of the 20th century. Lending more shades to this cultural mosaic is the eco-diversity of this fascinating destination, with its eclectic mix of mountains, volcanoes, scenic coasts, rivers and lakes. In short, Guatemala offers gay travelers an exotic experience coupled with a geographical sense of a faraway place just a few hours from home—the ultimate vacation destination.
Day 1: Transfer in Hotel Quinta Real, 5 stars. We will have a welcome dinner at the best Guatemalan cuisine restaurant in Guatemala City. After we will enjoy a gay nightlife tour.
Day 2: We will have a tour to Mayan history museum. Also, we will visit the Presidential Palace.
Day 3: At 5:00 A.M. we will transfer out. We will take the morning flight from Guatemala City to Tikal . Optional Ruins of Xaxha Excursion. We will stay at Hotel Camino Real-Tikal, 5 stars.
Day 4: We have an excursion to the Ruins of Tikal. We will have an evening return flight to Guatemala City. Transfer in to Antigua (only 35 minutes from the airport). Then we will enjoy the nightlife of Antigua. We will stay at Hotel Casa Santo Domingo, 5 stars.
Day 5: We will spend the day sightseeing Antigua. We wil stay at Hotel Casa Santo Domingo , 5 stars.
Day 6: We will visit a traditional coffee plantation as well as a Guatemalan Market. Evening farewell cocktails and gay outting
Day 7: Transfer from Antigua to Guatemala City (Direct to Airport).
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
The cost includes:
- Welcome dinner at Guatemala City's finest authentic restaurant. Cuisine so good, you'll search for its equivalent back home (but it's only in Guatemala!)
- 6 nights accommodations at Guatemala's finest 5 star properties (based on double occupancy)
- A hearty Buffet Breakfast daily
- Private expert guided tour of the ruins of Tikal
- Guided gay nightlife tour of Guatemala City
- Guided tour of Mayan history plus the sensational modern day presidential palace in Guatemala City
- Traditional coffee plantation tour and shopping excursoin
- Private, expert guided tour of Antigua
- Guided gay nightlife tour of Antigua
- Airport transfers
- All private transfers to our excursions
- Services of our company's Concierge throughout the trip
- A Farewell cocktail event in the beautiful city of Antigua
- Guatemala gay guide, complete with information on nightlife, restaurants, shopping, and much more
- Optional Xaxha Ruins Excursion
Also see tour packages in:
Central America and Caribbean
|Check out these similar vacation offers: