Chiang Dao Nest can arrange for a 4 Wheel Drive to collect you at around 6.00am to drive you for around 2 hours up a terrible dirt track one of Thailand's most special birding spots,Den Ya Khat or DYK as it is known. Sunrise is the best time to see specialities such as the Giant Nuthatch and Mrs. Hume's Pheasant. Return time is your choice, but we recommend leaving around 2.30pm as the birds are usually quiet after this time. It also gives you a chance to get back down to Wat Tham Pha Phlong for pre-sunset birding.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Price for 1 person $53. Please add $11 for each additional person.
- National park entrance permit
- Transport to DYK and back in a 4 Wheel Drive
- Packed breakfast - an Egg and Bacon Roll, and flask of Tea or Coffee
- Packed lunch - tuna sandwich, crisps, fruit, biscuits
- Water (2 bottles each)
- For the casual birder (if there is such a thing!) we have binoculars + Craig Robson's Thailand Birds Book for rent for $5 per day.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2003
Most people only go on one Trek in Thailand in their lifetime. Making sure yours is special is our aim. My name is Stuart. I am an Englishman living with my family in the hills of North Thailand. We are a small operation, me, my wife, our son Joseph, and our cat, offering treks in the Chiang Dao area of North Thailand...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see tour packages in:
Nature & Wildlife
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: