Our expedition covers the 1000 kilometers between Mbandaka and Kisangani, which is 2/3 of the largest navigable portion of the Congo river. Upstream, just beyond Kisangani, navigability is limited by a series of rapids, home of the world famous Wagenia Fisheries, extending over a total length of nearly 100 kilometers. Downstream, just beyond Kinshasa, navigability is limited by another series of rapids. Over a distance of 300 kilometers, the river drops 265 meters to reach the sea port of Matadi. Both unnavigable sections are contoured by a railway in order to overcome natures barriers. The expeditions are being operated both upstream, from Mbandaka to Kisangani, and downstream, from Kisangani to Mbandaka.
- Sunday 14 August - Monday 29 August: Mbandaka-Lisala : 16 days
- Friday 26 August - Saturday 10 September: Lisala - Kisangani: 16 days
- Sunday 14 August - Saturday 10 September: Mbandaka - Kisangani: 28 days
- Friday 09 September - Wednesday 5 October: Kisangani - Kinshasa: 27 days
- Thursday 11 august - Monday 29 August: Mbandaka jungle trip + Congo river till Lisala.
Note: Please contact Wildfrontiers: Congo - In The Footsteps of Stanley (Wild Expedition).
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Democratic Republic of the Congo Congo Nature & Wildlife Rainforest Boating and Sailing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend