For the past 35 years, Ajayan has explored India's most effective forms of meditation, developing and offering classes to make these practices accessible to students worldwide. In this Meditation TTC, he will personally train participants in all aspects of teaching meditation. By the point of graduation you will be thoroughly grounded, not only in an understanding of the principles and mechanics of meditation, but in your own personal experience of deep meditation. You will feel in your own life the inestimable value of a truly effective program of meditation, and you'll be able to give that to others.
You will learn:
- To teach several highly effective forms of meditation accessible to almost any student.
- A context for understanding meditation that dissolves effort and frustration and reliably bring students an effortless, profound, and self-validating inner experience.
- How to convey the essential principles of correct meditation, so that virtually anyone, even children, can meditate.
- Important auxiliary practices from the Raja, Kundalini, and Jnana Yoga traditions to further deepen a student's experience of meditation.
- A context for understanding the principles and mechanics of meditation that will allow you to insightfully answer questions regarding meditation.
- Philosophical and practical background on meditation and its purpose.
- An effective course structure to give students the support they need to meditation regularly.
- How to inspire students and prospective students with a vision of the benefits of meditation.
- How to handle special needs, for instance people with physical, emotional, or psychological problems.
- How to recognize the signs of evolving consciousness on the path to enlightenment. This will give you a basis for guiding students as they begin to personally experience higher consciousness.
The schedule of the Meditation Teacher Training Course is designed to provide a balance between instruction and extended experience of deep meditation. The knowledge of how to teach meditation is important, but it's also vital that knowledge is rooted in your own personal experience. Having infused your mind and body with Being, pure consciousness, your teaching will flow naturally, with authority, and uplift and inspire your students. Thus, you should consider this an extended meditation retreat as well as a Meditation Teacher Training Course.
Note that this schedule is subject to change. Special activities or needs of the group or teacher may require adjustments. Note that check-in is on September 24. Dinner will be served, but there will be no class held until the morning of September 25.
- Waking to 7 am - Private* Meditation. Early morning is the ideal time for meditation.
- 7 to 8:30 am - Private* Yoga/Pranayama and Meditation practice. If you don't currently practice Yoga, it's a good idea to start, at the very least for the duration of the course. A basic set of asanas will be taught, as will various forms of pranayama. A piece of fruit as snack.
- 8:30 to 11:00 am - Group Meditation and meditative reading of scriptures; then instruction/satsang and practice teaching. All participants will learn several highly effective forms of meditation. The first few days you will learn the meditation practices. After that, we'll focus on the necessary knowledge to teach the techniques. The short scriptural readings here are meditative, but they will give essential background in addition to ripening your consciousness.
- 11:00 to 2:00 - Brunch/walk/enjoy/study. Appointments may also be made to see Ajayan privately during this time.
- 2:00 to 5:30 pm - Instruction/satsang and practice teaching. Group meditation and meditative reading of scriptures. Many topics will be covered in these sessions.
- 5:30 to 7:00 pm - Dinner/relaxation. Two meals a day are provided plus a piece of fruit in the morning.
- 7:00 to 9:30 pm - Private study/relaxation time.
- 9:30 to 10:00 pm - Time for reading scriptures, study, or going to bed. Lights out by 10:00 PM. Most will find the routine of this course requires extra sleep, as deep accumulated fatigue gets released. Going to bed early is conducive to clear meditation and to waking for a long early morning meditation.
- days of silence - During the course we will have two days of silence, for diving deep into your personal practice of meditation. On these two days we will fast until dinner, maintain silence, and do extra meditation and yoga.
- day off - The last day of the course will be a free day.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Asia India Spiritual Odyssey Yoga & Spiritual Experience Pilgrimage/Spirituality
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend