- Trip around the wetlands by the city of Bourgas
- Departure time: 8.00 – 9.00 h
- Finishing: 18:00 h.
This birding trip will be around the Bourgas wetlands: Atanasovsko lake, Vaya Lake and Mandra Lake, including also a visit to the Nature Conservation Centre “Poda” near the Poda lagoon. Key species of birds to be seen during the trip: Pygmy Cormorant, White Pelican, Dalmatian Pelican, Ferruginous Duck, Eurasian Spoonbill, Glossy Ibis, all European herons and egrets, Little Bittern, Ruddy Shelduck, White-tailed Eagle, Lesser Spotted Eagle, Levant Sparrowhawk, Collared Pratincole, Black-winged Stilt, Broad-billed sandpiperSlender-billed Gull, Meditteranean Gull, Gull-billed Tern, Whiskered Turn, Black-headed subspecies of Yellow Wagtail, Spanish Sparrow, Black-headed Bunting, Cetti`s Warbler, Penduline Tit, Bearded Tit, and many other breeding, migrating & summering species of waders, shorebirds, raptors, etc.
- Transport by car (individuals, 2-3 p.) or minibus (more than 3 p.)
- Taxes in the protected territories and visitor center to be visited
- Guidance by English speaking Bulgarian bird expert
- Providing a telescope.
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Bulgaria Nature & Wildlife Birdwatching
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend