The flora of the Carpathians includes more than 1350 species, among which many are endemic. Deep forest cover more than one third of the country’s surface. The fauna of the Romanian Carpathians is also extremely rich and diverse. Here is to be found the highest concentration of large carnivores anywhere in Europe (about 6000 brown bears – mare than half of Europe’s bear population, about 3500 wolves (over a third of Europe’s wolves), along with 2000 lynx (35% of Europe’s lynx).
The Carpathians create wonderful scenery, with green valleys nestled between foothills ascending to wild crags or precipitous gorges. The mountain villages encountered on the way, the small summer shelters built by peasants for hay harvest, the secret shepherds` paths through forests and meadows, all these bring a unique, pastoral fragrance.
Join our “Romanian Carpathians Active - Unspoilt Nature and Archaic Villages” tour !
• Trek in three National Parks: Bucegi Mountains, Hasmas-Cheile Bicazului and Ceahlau Mountains
• Visit Count Dracula’s impressive 15th century Castle
• Trek through scattered picturesque mountain villages, almost unreachable by car
• Visit peasant houses and enjoy great rural cuisine in Tarpesti village
• Lunch in a traditional sheepfold
• Visit the famous exterior painted monasteries included in the UNESCO patrimony in Bucovina region
• Overnight in a traditional wooden house.
Group size: min 4 persons, max 12 persons
Transport: car/minibus, cable car, train, walking
Accommodation: 6 nights accommodation in pensions, huts and hotels and 1 night in train – 1st class, sleeping car
Meals: full board
The price/person is: 875 Euro or 613 GBP or 1225 USD.
Optional SGL room supplement: 140 Euro or 98 GBP or 196 USD.
Optional extra night in Bucharest: 55 Euro or 38 GBP or 77 USD/person in DBL room in a 3*** hotel
For groups larger than 4 persons the price is smaller.
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Romania Outdoor: Land Rambler Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend