Our week-long surf adventure starts when you arrive at Luz de Vida, our hotel for the OAC surf camp. If you've been on our surf camp trip before, you'll appreciate that your room at the Luz de Vida provides direct beach access. Our private or shared accommodations include either one or two comfortable queen size beds with air conditioning, complete bathroom amenities and daily maid service.
After an incredible surf session, you can enjoy the freshwater pool, go for a hike to black sand beach, or simply take siesta in a hammock on the beach. Your week-long surf adventure is designed to fit your desires. Many activities are scheduled throughout the week, but remember, this is your vacation!
We have designed a set of activities to get you into the "pura vida" spirit:
- surfing lessons to teach you how to surf or improve your surfing skills
- yoga sessions
- a one-hour private massage to relax body and soul
- three delicious meals per day to keep the energy flowing
- and daily outings that will introduce you to the local beauty and culture.
For this week, we will offer surf lessons at several levels so that everyone is challenged or pampered enough. We offer 3 to 1 student to instructor raio with some 1 on 1 time also. We are going to split the surfers up in groups depending on their level. The different levels we foresee are the following:
Beginners: guests who have never surfed or have surfed only a few times and haven't really ridden a wave.
Advanced Beginners: guests who have surfed and know how to stand-up and possibly go down the line, but don't know how to maneuver.
Intermediate: guests who have surfed and know how to maneuver, but are looking to be more aggressive. This group will probably surf with the instructors for "dawn patrol" and the sunset surf session.
Our daily surf lessons include all the equipment you'll need. We have all styles of boards: soft tops, long boards, and short boards. For beginners, we will teach you proper surfing etiquette, water safety, wave riding skills, and paddling techniques.
Yoga instruction is offered each day- the perfect complement to any surf day. These classes focus on flexibility, stretching, and strength techniques that will improve your agility and overall surfing ability.
Gaining the complete "pura vida" experience also involves daily engagement with the local culture and lifestyle. Several activities are scheduled for days when you'd like to take a break from the surf and for evenings when you want to check out the local nightlife. A few of the items on our schedule include:
- Hike to nature reserve and waterfall
- Tropicana Salsa night (give your arms a rest and move those hips!)
- Ventures to local restaurants for traditional cuisine
- Introductory Spanish class
Our 6-night/7-day surf adventures include:
- Comfortable, clean accommodations
- Daily surf instruction (equipment provided)
- Daily Yoga sessions
- 3 delicious meals each day
- Day trips to "secret" surf spots can be arranged
- One 1-hour private massage
Other fun activities available:
- Hikes to nature reserve and waterfall
- Unlimited snorkeling (equipment provided)
- Introductory Spanish lesson
- Tropicana Salsa night
- Bonfire and BBQ
- Other activities available but not included in the tour: horseback riding, sailing, fishing, canopy touring, scuba diving, golfing, and biking.
Member: $1799* /person in shared accommodations
Also see tour packages in:
Central America and Caribbean Costa Rica Outdoor: Water Drifter Surfing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend