Day 1: Arrival in Bucharest. Transfer to Tulcea by car. Dinner and accommodation in the new Ibis Guersthouse 4*.
Day 2: Departure in the Danube Delta through small channels and lakes. Arriving in Maliuc by midday. Lunch in Maliuc at holiday apartment. After lunch: birding trip around village of Maliuc. Red-necked Grebes, Kingfishers, White-tailed Eagle, Glossy Ibises are just a few of the birds that may appear on this day.
Day 3: After breakfast we depart for a day trip in the most remote places of the Delta. Lunch will be on the boat in the middle of the wilderness. In the evening dinner and accommodation in Maliuc. This is a good day for Waders, Woodpeckers, Pelicans etc.
Day 4: After Breakfast we’ll turn back to Tulcea also floating hrough vast reed beds and white willow forests. In the evening dinner and accommodation at Ibis Guesthouse 4*.
Day 5: In the morning departure by car to the lagoons near the Black Sea Coast. One of the highlights of the day will be the small lakes of Histria, one of the best places for birding in Eastern Europe. Birds like Marsh Sandpiper, Kentish Plover, Dalmatian Pelican, Little Bittern, Paddyfield Warbler, Collared Pranticole and many others can appear. Dinner and accommodation in Tulcea.
Day 6: After the morning meal we’ll leave for the National Park of Macin Mountains. Situated in the place where Danube meets the oldest mountains in Romania, it is a very good place for Raptors like: Levant Sparrowhawk, Long-legged Buzzard, Saker Falcon, Eagles and others. In the evening traditional dinner at guest house.
Day 7: Driving back to Bucharest. On the road we’ll have time for a few stops for birding in Dobrogea region.
- Guesthouse Ibis 4* : it has 10 double rooms, a living-room, a ining-room, parking aria, terraces, a big living, fireplace, parking aria;
* Rooms: comfortable, modern, AC, heating, bathroom, hot water, towels, soap and shampoo.
* Cuisine: excellent traditional dishes.
- Holiday apartment in Maliuc: it has 4 double rooms, a living-room with AC and 1 kitchen, 2 balconies.
* Rooms: bathroom, hot water, towels, soap and shampoo.
Maliuc is situated on Sulina branch, a good location for exploring the eastern part of the Delta.
* Guides: qualified geographers, speak fluently English and German, local guides specialized in birds and wildlife.
Note: Transfers are on private basis.
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Romania Nature & Wildlife Birdwatching
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend