- Ranch based: 4 Day - Monday noon to Thursday 1 p.m, Thursday noon to Sunday 1 p.m
- Hut based:
* 4 Day - Monday noon to Thursday 1 p.m, Thursday noon to Sunday 1 p.m
* 7 Day Level I, II, III - Sunday noon to Saturday 1 p.m.
* 10 Day Level II, III - Thursday noon to next Saturday 1 p.m.
* 13 Day Level II, III - Monday noon to next Saturday 1 p.m.
- Level I: Walk through flowering meadows and past pristine alpine lakes en route to your mountain hut. This trip is full of hiking for nature lovers and incorporates spectacular scenery and wildflowers. Jumping trout dimple the water surface, the call of the resident loons echo between the mountain ridges, and the canoe on the beach beckons you take the paddle. The slow pace of nature is addicting and you begin to rise and sleep by nature's clock.
- Level II and III: Accommodation is in a mountain hut located just below the tree line. Hike alpine meadows to lofty mountain ridges and view the panorama of surrounding mountain ranges. Hike a new mountain ridge each day for another 360 degree view. Scope for Grizzly bear, Bighorn sheep, Mountain goat and Mule deer. The world is at your feet while you breathe in the clear mountain air.
- Level III: Hike to your first mountain hut located on the edge of the sub-alpine. Walk the meadows, scramble over mountain divides and skirt the edge of a glacier. Cross crystal-clear streams and high-mountain passes to your next hut located in a different valley with its own unique sub-alpine terrain. The trails take you to pristine and wild areas yet to be discovered by the average hiker.
Access in and out of camps varies between 3-9 hours and 5-20 km, and includes elevation changes up to 1,000m over uneven terrain. Daily itineraries vary according to the level of the trip and group interest.
- Level II: intermediate to advanced, with camping and uneven terrain experience.
- Level III: advanced only, with wilderness camping, uneven and steep terrain experience.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Canada British Columbia Outdoor: Land Rambler Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend