- We offer no-frills guided self supported adventure bike tours in the northern part, Guanacaste, the central pacific, the central highland and the peninsula de Nicoya. We eat and sleep where the locals do, going inn-to-inn.
* Average: 48km
* Max: 72km
* Total: 485km
- Duration: 15 days, 10 cycling days.
- Route Type: Regular – challenge difficulty, most of the time hilly, 2 challenging climbs, exciting downhills, 10% off road.
- Highlights: Botanic Garden, climbing Volcano Poas, Rafting, Hanging Bridges, Cloudforest, watch the lava flow at Volcano Arenal, hot springs, rainforest, Hike, Rio Celeste (Tenorio N.P.), Rincon de la Vieja N.P., birdwatching
- Season: Feb/March, May/June, Nov/Dec.
Day 1: Alajuela. Busy city, market, get prepared.
Day 2: Alajuela – Sarchi – Grecia, 40km. Rolling hills, snake and botanic garden.
Day 3: Grecia – Mirador Poas, 42km. Challenging climb.
Day 4: Volcano Poas – La Virgin, 48km. Crater, a lot of downhill, rolling hills, Waterfall La Paz, hike.
Day 5: La Virgin, rest day. Rafting or hiking, Tirimbina Rainforest, Reserve, Museum Indigenous culture.
Day 6: La Virgin – Bajo del Toro, 37km. Challenging uphill, peaceful mountain village.
Day 7: Bajo del Toro – Zarcero, 15km. Privat cloudforest reserve, hike, Short hilly ride.
Day 8: Zarcero – La Fortuna, 72km. Hilly, flat, view of Volcano Arenal.
Day 9: La Fortuna, rest day. Night walks (watch the lava flows), Waterfall, Arenal hikes, hot springs.
Day 10: La Fortuna - Tilaran, 66km. Hilly, views of Lake Arenal, Pleasant town.
Day 11: Tilaran – Bijagua, 64km. Long down and uphills, Heliconia, Lodge, Hike, rafting, birdwatching.
Day 12: Heliconia Lodge, rest day. Optional: Rio Celeste Tour (hiking) or hike at Heliconia Lodge and relax.
Day 13: Bijagua – Aguas Claras, 51km. Long down and uphills, quiet mountain village.
Day 14: Aguas Claras – Liberia, 55km. Hilly and downhill, bustling “White City”.
Day 15: Liberia Rincon de la Vieja N.P., or relax.
Day 16: Liberia Fly home.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Central America and Caribbean Costa Rica Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend